I leave in 7 days and im nervous
Create Post

I leave in 7 days and im nervous

Marines, i will admit it i am Nervous as all hell, i have no clue what to expect but at the same dam time im excited and i cant wait to be a part of the worlds finest fighting force, my Job as being a Reservist is 0311, and When im home would i want to go to college. Would this be a good idea or should i just work and save up money. i also want to find a job.

P.S what were your feelings before you left to become a Marine?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think this should be in the Ask A Marine Forum.

You're not going to get a lot of Marine input in the poolee forum fyi. Good luck and I hope whatever decision you make works out.

Just kill it. Go in there with some vigor! that's what everyone says to me.

Credits
    Savings
    I am sure all of are going to be nervous. As for me, I have 16 days left. I want to earn the title Marine so bad that i put all kinds of pressure on myself to succeed, yet my nervousness in no way ammounts to my determination. However, I am sure that once we all get settled in, the nerves will pass and determination will completely take its place. You only have to go through Recruit Training once so get in there and kick some F***ing A**. GET YOURSELF PUMPED UP RECRUIT!!!! you have the opportuninty to become a part of the most elite fighting force in the world!!! Isnt that what every little kid dreams of! GET SOME!!!

Get up each morning and give life a good whack on the head! Ive got 58 and 1/2 (yes im counting every hour practically) to go... so next time you get nervous think of all those poor poolees with a whole year to go... Itll make you fell better trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by iljw View Post
    Get up each morning and give life a good whack on the head! Ive got 58 and 1/2 (yes im counting every hour practically) to go... so next time you get nervous think of all those poor poolees with a whole year to go... Itll make you fell better trust me.

haha thanks man im counting too...just hours now, got till tomorrow at 3 to go best of luck to yall who posted on that, hope to see you soon

Credits
    Savings
    Good luck bro.

Good luck man. I leave mid January and I'm pumped. Stay motivated and keep your head up. Don't pt yourself to death either before going so you're in top shape the first couple days you're there.

How can you have NO CLUE what to expect? Read the forums, talk to your recruiter. No matter what happens, you just gotta have the heart to tough it out. You can do anything with the right dedication and motivation. As far as civilian life goes, do what makes you happy man. If you want to go to school, go to school. If not, then don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRichmondKid View Post
    How can you have NO CLUE what to expect? Read the forums, talk to your recruiter. No matter what happens, you just gotta have the heart to tough it out. You can do anything with the right dedication and motivation. As far as civilian life goes, do what makes you happy man. If you want to go to school, go to school. If not, then don't.
    He left already.

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    He left already.
    Good lookin' out sbomb. lol

Thread Information