8 year old girl made this Marine cry ... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I stood up and read my post at the Marine Corps Birthday gathering we had here at a Marine's house.
    Not a dry eye in the house when I was done reading.
    It really got some of the old timers crying, when I passed the challenge Coin around.

Like I said

We are a strange bunch we can go from natural born killer to crying at something others wouldn't bat an eye over but that is a Marine the honor that runs so deep in everything we doand the reverance for those who have gone before us and after us.

Brought tears to My eyes too.
    And Marine Corps honor, integrity, honesty...whatever, when everything else is gone, "its" still there.
    God Bless that little girl and her family.

Thumbs up 8 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    I took my wife and 2 of my sons, to Clearwater Veterans Appreciation day 5th Annual Events on 11/7/09 at the brighthouse field.
    (A 2 hour drive away)
    I was in Uniform, and had a great time.
    I met Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Civilians, Vets, SEALS, PJ's, Rangers, and so on.
    Watched the Coast Guard Silent Drill Team (from D.C.), and High School drill teams. Met Rear Admiral D. B. Lloyd, and his staff.
    Thanked him and the local Mayor, Shook hands and thanked the members of the Silent Drill Team.
    Had a GREAT time.
    As we were getting ready to leave, and getting some drinks out of the trunk, for the long drive back home, a car stopped behind us, and a gentleman and a young girl got out.
    The man stated that his daughter had something to say to me.
    I got down on a knee, and said "yes mam"
    The girl said "Thanks for being my soldier", and handed me a Challenge Coin. One side said thanks for being my soldier, The other side has "I Salute You", and has her name and date of birth, (She's 8 years old)
    when I finished reading it, I looked up, and this little girl was Saluting me.
    I stood up, came to Attention, and returned the Salute of this little girl. I then turned and Saluted the dad. The girl then gave me a hug.
    They got in their car, and left.
    I got in my car, and cried for 10 min. My wife and kids didn't say anything.
    That little girl from Tampa (Ms. Wieser), means more to me than any of the Brass and Big Wigs, that I met that day.
    GOD BLESS OUR YOUTH.
    Semper-Fi

SSGT Tracy Laudenslager
    U.S.M.C. 1983 - 1996
    Ocala, Fl.
    AS Jackie Gleason (the Great One ) used to say"How sweet it is)

Her parents did an amazing job raising her. I hope her family sees this post.

WOW!!!

I have read this a few times now, this is the first time I am able to type.

I lost my little girl while she was still in the womb.

I thank all of you for understanding.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hate it when you guys do this to me this early in the morning!

When somebody does that, it makes it all worth while, doesn't it?

trying to posta pic of the coin

I am a squid and did not shed one tear! I thought you guys were tougher? JK! My 4 year old boy LOVES Marines and he knows dad was a Corpsman who put band-aids on their boo-boos. He also knows the Pledge of Allegence and how to say Ohh-Rah. This lil girl is being taught right! I have saved images of Marines and Corpsman through WWI to present. My children will know what we have done for our country and the sacrafice made by so many, so help me God.
    Happy Thanksgiving Bros n Sis!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Too our Childrens,Childrens,Children Semper~Fidelis

8 year old Girl.....

Tracy Thank you for sharing your story. My Heart is swelled with yours, as all of ours are. There is still much hope because of this young Lady, and others like her. They are what we are for. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

Wow. Got the watery eyes! *sniffle*

I say that coin trumps a lot of others!

Credits
    Savings
    Seeing the coin really got me! thats a great story! My dad makes it a point to have my 8 and 11 year old brothers thank every single servicemember they see. And they always make them donate to the VA and veteran's who are asking for donations on the street or in front of stores. And with each dollar they put in, they say "Thank you!"

Great kids as well....but that coin...that thing would mean more to me than just about anything the military could give me!

Thread Information