8 year old girl made this Marine cry ...
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

8 year old girl made this Marine cry ...

I took my wife and 2 of my sons, to Clearwater Veterans Appreciation day 5th Annual Events on 11/7/09 at the brighthouse field.
    (A 2 hour drive away)
    I was in Uniform, and had a great time.
    I met Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Civilians, Vets, SEALS, PJ's, Rangers, and so on.
    Watched the Coast Guard Silent Drill Team (from D.C.), and High School drill teams. Met Rear Admiral D. B. Lloyd, and his staff.
    Thanked him and the local Mayor, Shook hands and thanked the members of the Silent Drill Team.
    Had a GREAT time.
    As we were getting ready to leave, and getting some drinks out of the trunk, for the long drive back home, a car stopped behind us, and a gentleman and a young girl got out.
    The man stated that his daughter had something to say to me.
    I got down on a knee, and said "yes mam"
    The girl said "Thanks for being my soldier", and handed me a Challenge Coin. One side said thanks for being my soldier, The other side has "I Salute You", and has her name and date of birth, (She's 8 years old)
    when I finished reading it, I looked up, and this little girl was Saluting me.
    I stood up, came to Attention, and returned the Salute of this little girl. I then turned and Saluted the dad. The girl then gave me a hug.
    They got in their car, and left.
    I got in my car, and cried for 10 min. My wife and kids didn't say anything.
    That little girl from Tampa (Ms. Wieser), means more to me than any of the Brass and Big Wigs, that I met that day.
    GOD BLESS OUR YOUTH.
    Semper-Fi

SSGT Tracy Laudenslager
    U.S.M.C. 1983 - 1996
    Ocala, Fl.

Great story...it brought a tear to my eye.
    Semper Fi!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding, Tracy.

That girl was brought up by outstanding parents.

that was a very inspirational story.

What a truly amazing story.

It dose give you hope doesn't it

Thank you S.Sgt. for sharing with us.

OK.... who's got the tissue.

Credits
    Savings
    Eyeballs are leakin' after that one. Thanks for sharing.

Marines

You know speaking for myself I fell off a ladder earlier this year on to a piece of 2 inch pipe shattered my cheekbone broke my orbital and broke numerous places in my sinuses took 4 titanium plates to fix me up never shed a tear or showed my true pain but a story like this brings tears so fast it's not funny we Marines are truly strange and wonderful creatures.Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Marine Brothers and Sisters ooooohhhhhhrrrraahhhhhhh.

It's been sade the eyeball's leaks when you hear a story like that. Especially when it comes from a 8 yr. old.

Marines don't cry what a lie storys like this will bring a tear to any Marine. Thanks for sharing. I hope that there is just more Americans out there that teach out youth the true meaning of our great country. My son is in the Corps. now And I did not even have a tear for Him.when He told us about going to the sandbox. I told Him good luck and be a good Marine. My Wife didn't understand this but my son did. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES. SSGT. Francisco.

There are very few times I will not protest being called a soldier. If that 8 year-old came up to me and said all that, I wouldn't even think about it.

Thank you for sharing your story SSgt.

Outstanding!
    I'd have no problem being that young Ladie's Soldier.
    that has my eyes leaking a bit too.

Smitty

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What a GREAT Story!!!
    I read it 3 times already.
    Tissues didn't cut it for me, I needed the paper towels.
    Oh Shiat, now I'm on the Shirt Sleeve.

Thanks for sharing Tracy.

Happy Birthday Marines.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thread Information