Dress Blues pressing
Create Post

Dress Blues pressing

I'm in the Reserves and taking my Blues to my local dry cleaners. I cant remember how the jacket is pressed though. Do the sleeves get creased or no? If so are they creased the same way a normal dress shirt is or do the creases go on the fronts of the sleeves (the portion of the sleeve youd see if you were looking at someone straight on.) The help is appreciated. Ooh and also, I know the buttons need to come out and I took them all off but I cant seem to get the ones on the shoulder pads off I assume thats because they dont come off? I looked inside the jacket to find a covering to get behind the button but didnt find one.

No creases on the sleeves.

As for the top buttons, I'm pretty sure they come off but not 100% sure myself, sorry.

Yes the buttons on the shoulder pads come off. Place the blouse on your rack. On the inside back of you will see each side has a panel of material inside of the outer material. Reach between the two layers up towards the shoulders. You will need to feel around until you find the ring that holds the button in place, there is some padding that you will have to move out of the way. The ring is like your car key ring - once you find it you simply have to run the bottom of the button around the ring. Would post pics, but don't have my blues in Iraq.

Sgt Reynolds

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Am I reading this right? Blues are now issued already button holed?

i had mine done 2 yrs ago. i was never issued any in boot camp and went to the base in DC to get mine, got fitted bought the buttons etc and they did everything then mailed it to me complete. blues are standard issue now in boot camp so i would imagine they come button holed etc.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I understand the part about blues are standard issue now. That is a good thing! I just find it incredible that they would be issued already button holed.

I've completely hi jacked this thread. Tell the cleaners clean and press exactly as a suit coat.

Jackets have a crease running down the front and back rather than the side (down your bicep). At least, mine always did and no one ever said anything. No other creases though.

you guys used to button hole the jackets yourselves? and i thought they had a crease in the front/back. some say crease others say no, id rather tell the cleaners NOT to crease the jacket than tell them how to and they f it up. thanks guys for the help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No we didn't button hole our own blues. Take em to the tailor and shell out $50 to have the buttons cut off then a stitched hole in place. Then you went and bought the anodized brass and put it on yourself. You know the buttons with that miniature key ring thing to go on the back side of them. Original issue the buttons were sewn on and were not anodized so would fade and tarnish over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Am I reading this right? Blues are now issued already button holed?
    Negative. But they do come issued with anodized buttons, so there's no reason to get them button-holed until the original buttons get ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    Jackets have a crease running down the front and back rather than the side (down your bicep). At least, mine always did and no one ever said anything. No other creases though.
    Let me clarify. Only on the sleeves. No where else.

I got mine issued to me in boot. Came exactly the way you wear it, with no creases. I just had my ball too, no one creases the blues.

Thread Information