Characteristics of the M 16
Create Post

Characteristics of the M 16

I leave to the Marine Corps Nov. 16th and I am trying to study as much as possible to make it easier and less stressful through Boot Camp. Im not trying to be a goody goody, but i just dont want to be a Dumb ass. so i found this site and i was wondering if this is a good enough site to learn about your rifle? and what exactly do i have to learn about this rifle (besides everything) like what specific features.

thank you

P.S heres the site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

Easy there Devil Pup, don't go overloading the brainhousing group...LOL!
    It's great that you want to get a heads up on this, but everything you will need to know about the M16, will be taught to you in boot camp.
    I didn't know a darn thing about the M16 when I went to boot camp, and I did just fine. Heck, I never even fired any type of weapon until I got to boot camp.
    You'll be fine!

thanks Marine I am just a little nervous cause im about to leave. and i just dont want to mess up even though i know i will anyway. especailly since im trying to be an Infantry Marine

Sir, Characteristics of the M16A2 service rifle are, key word LMGAS
    L-Lightweight, M-Magazine fed, G-Gas Operated, A-Air Cooled, S-Sholder Fired weapon capable of firering semi-automatic or three round burst Sir.
    And that its max effective range on a point target is 550m and area target is 800m. Maybe even the max range is 3600m and muzzle velocity is 3100 ft/sec

That's all you need to know...besides how to point the end with the hole in it at the big paper down range and put a hole in the bit*h

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    L-Lightweight, M-Magazine fed, G-Gas Operated, A-Air Cooled, S-Sholder Fired weapon capable of firering semi-automatic or three round burst Sir.
    And that its max effective range on a point target is 550m and area target is 800m. Maybe even the max range is 3600m and muzzle velocity is 3100 ft/sec

That's all you need to know...besides how to point the end with the hole in it at the big paper down range and put a hole in the bit*h

thank you so much Private First Class Sir,
    This helped me so much Marine. once again thank you Private First Class sir

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    And you will scream this probably 5,000 times over the span of 2nd phase.. or is it 3rd phase?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancon View Post
    And you will scream this probably 5,000 times over the span of 2nd phase.. or is it 3rd phase?
    2nd phase...

When you go on your little nature walks you will be yelling every single piece of knowledge there is to know at the top of your lungs. Don't worry about knowing it before you ship, it will be pounded into your head when you get there.

Better to go there as a dumb ass than to think you've got a head start.

There are recruits who think they're hot sh*t because they've fired guns their whole life and when they get on the range they barely qualify with the M-16. Meanwhile the dumb ass recruit who's never touched a firearm in his life whizzes by as a Sharpshooter or Expert. I was one of those dumb asses.

It's so much harder on you when the Drill Instructors have to unf*ck what you think you know and then have re-teach what you really should know.

Don't sweat it. There's nothing that makes Boot Camp easier and less stressful except paying attention, working hard, and doing what you're told. That applies to everything in Boot Camp, not just the M-16.

Listen, do what you're told, stay motivated, and you'll do well.

Thread Information