Breaking News: Shooting at Fort Hood
Create Post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

3:20 PM, 11/5/09… Shep Smith of Fox News just reported that there has been a mass shooting at Fort Hood in TX. Shep indicated that seven are dead, and 12 have been wounded. Supposedly, the shooting occurred at the “Soldier Readiness Center” and at least one person is in custody…

Details to follow.

UPDATE: FoxNews now reporting there are two shooters, one of whom is in custody.

UPDATE 2: Possible third shooter…

UPDATE 3: Fort Hood is now in lock-down, including nine schools on the base, seven elementary and two middle schools.

Alan Speakman

I would like to know if it a disgruntled soldier(s), or some type of terrorist act.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/subindex/community/chat

This is a live feed. The army is saying 7 dead 20 wounded, possibly 3 gunmen, 1 in custody. With multiple shooters this does not sound like a random act or someone just snapping.

I read a few months ago that Ft. Hood has a high suicide rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky the Great View Post
    I read a few months ago that Ft. Hood has a high suicide rate.
    You are posting in the wrong part of the forum. Open Squad Bay is for Marines only.

Can't edit my post...more info:

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The U.S. Army says 12 people have been killed and 31 wounded in a shooting rampage on the Fort Hood Army base in Texas.
    The Army says one shooter has been killed and two others apprehended on Thursday in the shooting and all are U.S. soldiers.

just saw obama on tv talking about this but first he had to talk about heath care but still gald he talked about it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    just saw obama on tv talking about this but first he had to talk about heath care
    and he did not have the numbers available. Teleprompter was down.

That's because he doesn't care about the military...I mean, I know it's the Army and all, but still...

The latest news is the following:

1 shooter dead, 2 more in custody.

12 dead, 31 wounded. (dead including the shooter, 2 critically wounded.)

All three shooters are active duty Army, no information on motive at this time. The shooter used two handguns in the readiness faciility, all casualties and wounded were in the readiness facility.

Lockdown will continue until they are sure of the issue's resolution.

I'd like everyone to take a moment to toast and/or pray for the families and those deceased and injured today.

MSN.com says one of the shooters apprehended was an Army Major. Let's not bring politics into this please.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    MSN.com says one of the shooters apprehended was an Army Major. Let's not bring politics into this please.
    I'd like to know if the Major was a "shooter " or trying to stop what was unfolding. In any case it's a sad day and my heart goes out to all the people that will be affected by this. It doesn't matter what branch they're in they're all servicemen and women.

Last edited by charm1110; 11-05-09 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

The article says he's a suspect but who knows how accurate that is right now, we'll just have to wait and see what the facts are.

I also read about Major, who according to cnn has an Arabic sounding name.

Thread Information