I got a fake tooth...
Create Post

I got a fake tooth...

Ok so I'm leaving for MCRDPI December 1st I already know I'm in for a rude awakening but I got a few questions that I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...I have a false tooth on a lil flipper they didn't even notice at meps my recruiter said don't worry about it...what are they going to do with it in bootcamp also I have a few cavities n I think I need a few root canals I hate the dentist and don't have insurance otherwise I'd get it done before I leave so what do you think they will do?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonPaddy617 View Post
    Ok so I'm leaving for MCRDPI December 1st I already know I'm in for a rude awakening but I got a few questions that I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...I have a false tooth on a lil flipper they didn't even notice at meps my recruiter said don't worry about it...what are they going to do with it in bootcamp also I have a few cavities n I think I need a few root canals I hate the dentist and don't have insurance otherwise I'd get it done before I leave so what do you think they will do?

A real case of yuk mouth huh?

Anyway, I dont know what to tell you about the fake tooth; I think that needs to be documented before you go, because they WILL find out at boot camp!!!!!!!! Dont want to get booted for something as stupid as that.

As for the other issues, within you first week you will have a dental exam, and they will all be taken care of prior to you graduating (if you do).

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You need to let them at MEPS know about the tooth.....maybe not in the fleet but for training purposes in bootcamp you may need a mouth guard.

I don't know if they still do hand to hand and pugil sticks but you will definitly need one then.

And if you do get to ship you will be there for Christmas so you can always sing......

All I Want for Christmas
    Is My Two Front Teeth

Don Gardner

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth,
    My two front teeth, see my two front teeth.
    Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth,
    Then I could wish you "Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,
    "Sister Susie sitting on a thistle."
    Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be
    If I could only whistle.

My two front teeth, see my two front teeth

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    And if you do get to ship you will be there for Christmas so you can always sing......

All I Want for Christmas
    Is My Two Front Teeth

Don Gardner

My two front teeth, see my two front teeth.

It seems so long since I could say,
    "Sister Susie sitting on a thistle."
    Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be
    If I could only whistle.

My two front teeth, see my two front teeth

Last I knew every Recruit wears a mouthguard during Pugil Sticks and Hand-to-Hand Combat

Well it's not documented but it's only 1 tooth in the front I got hit with a suckerpunch but I have no problems with it but if it's not glued in and I yell it will come flyin out hahaha I dnt wanna go through boot without it because I know I'll be an easy target

Quote Originally Posted by BostonPaddy617 View Post
    Well it's not documented but it's only 1 tooth in the front I got hit with a suckerpunch but I have no problems with it but if it's not glued in and I yell it will come flyin out hahaha I dnt wanna go through boot without it because I know I'll be an easy target
    I would pay to see that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    I would pay to see that!!!
    Hahaha, so would I. I can see it now he will be sounding off, and some poor DI will get a chicklet right in the eye. Hahaha

Credits
    Savings
    Better report it, or you may be home for Christmas, on a fraudulent.

I have a fake tooth, I even told the dentists at Parris Island and they didn't really care.

They'll fix you up in recruit training. I had three wisdom teeth pulled in one day. They had to cut into the gums and break the teeth into four peices each to get them out.

They're not afraid of working on your teeth. I don't think that a fake tooth is grounds for a fraudulent enlistment or something to stress about. I would, however, ditch it if it's not a permanent cap. They give you a full check up when you first get to the MCRD. And then they'll fix what needs fixing.

What they can't do in recruit training they'll fix in the fleet. You have to have good teeth to deploy and the Marine Corps will make sure the Navy fixes any problems.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I also don't think that it is grounds for fraud.

But I would venture to say that if it comes out as easily as you say...if you receive any trauma to your mug you might swallow that tooth and choke and have to shiat it out.

Also you need to let them know so your drill instructors are aware when yelling at yo in your face that they stand to the left or right so they are out of the line of fire and impact area.

Projectiles are fine when aimed at the right target.

Thread Information