jack lucas, crazy story.
Create Post

Wow that guy's a huge inspiration, enlisted at 14, thats just insane, and on top of it all, he was awarded the Medal of Honor. I'm surprised I've never heard of him before.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGerken View Post
    Wow that guy's a huge inspiration, enlisted at 14, thats just insane, and on top of it all, he was awarded the Medal of Honor. I'm surprised I've never heard of him before.
    not to mention he jumped on 2 grenades and lived to tell about it!

I'm always hesitant to believe anything on Wikipedia. Lets see if I can find a more reliable source.

i didnt even read the wikipedia. my Gunnery sergeant told me the story yesterday, just posted the first link i saw.

He lived through all that just to die from cancer. He was a great man though, wish I could have met him.

Quote Originally Posted by dds0113 View Post
    I'm always hesitant to believe anything on Wikipedia. Lets see if I can find a more reliable source.
    Every time something is edited or put on wikipedia it is checked by people that work there so contrary to popular belief it is very reliable these days. When it started it was not checked and hence not reliable.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Some Marines watching this thread asked why you folks might think this is a 'crazy' story?
    You may not know all Marines can read what gets posted here and we comment in places you can't go.
    This story of Jack Lukas is a bit more common than you might think.Google a few more MOH Marines, and report back.
    Give yourself an education.

I'll start you off
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...nor_recipients

Being a Marine isn't for the weak.

And Marine FTW,,,,Where are ya, I want you in on this, since I promoted you to Commandant Poolee, for now,,,LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Some Marines watching this thread asked why you folks might think this is a 'crazy' story?
    You may not know all Marines can read what gets posted here and we comment in places you can't go.
    This story of Jack Lukas is a bit more common than you might think.Google a few more MOH Marines, and report back.
    Give yourself an education.

I'll start you off
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...nor_recipients

Being a Marine isn't for the weak.

And Marine FTW,,,,Where are ya, I want you in on this, since I promoted you to Commandant Poolee, for now,,,LOL.

I'm not them, but I'm pretty sure they meant 'crazy' as being exceptional, above and beyond the call, worthy of praise etc. And not 'crazy' as being derogatory or offensive.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He11, I know that. Just pointing out it ain't that crazy when it's more common then folks know.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    He11, I know that. Just pointing out it ain't that crazy when it's more common then folks know.
    i just thought it was crazy how young he was on top of his story

Thread Information