New IST requirements/minimums - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by karlv65 View Post
    Since when did all of you become Marines ?? I did not thinks so . Stop posting information that is wrong half of you don't even know what your talking about . The IST,PFT and CFT are still the same. Stop braging because you have better IST scores that dont matter will that stop a bullet ?
    This is a "section" of the forum to add/ask opinions and information for people to browse. Whether they choose to believe it or not is up to them. The purpose is for the DEP Poole's to gather as much information before they get to recruit training. It is a great program to help us prepare. Don't make statements that are just going to cause arguments and problems. Even if you are correct what are you going to accomplish in starting a controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by karlv65 View Post
    Since when did all of you become Marines ?? I did not thinks so . Stop posting information that is wrong half of you don't even know what your talking about . The IST,PFT and CFT are still the same. Stop braging because you have better IST scores that dont matter will that stop a bullet ?
    My pull ups, crunches, and run time are better than yours. Haha! LOL I'm just messing with you!

But to be honest people bragging about their accomplishments should just push you to become better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Haha eleventen, great avatar.
    Thanks man. I use the phrase from that picture "There will be time to rest when your dead." as motivation when I do PT. And I like the picture a lot because I'm going to be wearing birth control glasses in boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by KilpatrickF250 View Post
    The whole Brevard County R.S.S. isn't shipping poolees that can't do 5 p/u, 60 crunches, and can't run the 1 1/2 in under 13 minutes.

Remember y'all that live out here, Rockledge r.s.s. at 8am tomorrow.
    Passed my final IST before the island

For those of you that are struggling in one of the three catagories, all I can say is keep going to p.t. sessions at your recruiting office and really work at it. Keep motivated and keep your goals in mind, and don't stop at the bare minimum. For me it was running and now I run 5/7 or 6/7 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    You know as sad as this may sound. There are a few guys in DEP right now that swore in the same day I did and cant still not get the minimum 3 pullups, or get the minimum of 50 crunches. In my opinion its rather sad, and I honestly dont believe that they want to become marines, or even better themselves. One of them actually gained 20 lbs in the 6 months he has been in DEP. I swore in the same day as him and i have lost about 10 to 15 lbs. my pullups went from 3 to 9, and my crunches from 44 to 71. So I guess it just takes hard work.
    When I DEP'd in in July I couldn't do a single pull up. My RSS PT's 3 times a week but I still had to do work on my own to get them into the double digits as they are now. People think that RSS PT's will get them where you need to be, truth is even doing PT 3 times a week like I do isn't enough. You have to be self-motivated and work on it by yourself too. Makes me furious to see kids who shown no progress while in the DEP for months are holding a MOS contract someone truly dedicated may desperately want.

Male

- 2 Pull Ups
    - 35 Sit Ups (2 minutes)
    - 1.5 Mile Run - 13:30
    Female

- Flexed Arm Hang - 12 seconds
    - 35 Sit Ups (2 Minutes)
    - 1 Mile Run - 10:30

Source Our military website (can not post web address)

Old thread?

minimum crunches isn't 35 either.

Yes i know just to clear the pull up section.

You could just wait until you DEP in and get that metal container the exercise guide and the knowledge book. It has all the requirements listed there. If they ever change, I'm 99% sure your recruiter will notify you

i like that it means the weaker ones are weaded out if they want it bad they will work for it

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    what would occur if you get to meps and are overweight, do you not ship?

i took my IST a month ago at our local headquarters and it was 3 pullups 50 crunches 13:30 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by eleventen32 View Post
    Actually, you can refuse to train and be dropped.
    I believe that is against the code and you can get in some trouble for that, and why would someone do that? you will get a dishonorable discharge and bye-bye all government jobs and possibly all chances of re-enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    Are you guys serious,wow thats crazy where Im from the run time has to be under 11:30 for males b4 you ****,pull ups are 3 and crunches 60
    wow..in Clarksville Tennessee the min req. are
    pullups 3
    situps 44
    1.5 mile 13:30

I ran 9.00. do you thinks that is a good time to go to bootcamp??

Last edited by thedrifter; 05-21-10 at 08:18 PM. Reason: FULL PROFILE BEFORE POSTING

Thread Information