poolees. So you want to be infantry huh? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    To get a high swim class it is hard. But to qualifiy it is easy. Don't wait to learn. Learn now and it will make it easy. Don't really worry about crunches. Everyone in my platoon left bootcamp doing at least 200 in 2 minutes. Crunches are the easiest to improve on.

thats good to hear about the crunches. yea i'm gonna go to my friends and learn to swim in his pool. damn i hate the water.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    But, your gona be a Marine?
    You got the change that.

Good luck.

yea i know its not that i hate the water its just that I dont prefer to be in the water forever. I also believe the Marines will help me get rid of that apprehension

My best advice is to join the local Ymca swim class. You don't want to hit those yellow footprints being an "Iron Duck"....its just not pretty. On the range you will have a book you record every shot in. DO NOT CALCULATE YOUR SCORE! I pulled pits with a Recruit from another platoon that did this, and said he shot expert everyday. Guess what? He went unk on qual day; he failed. He figured he shot so good that he didn't have to try....I just pray I don't share a fightin' hole with him.....in the words of his series commander, "Can we say Dominoes delivers"?

Semper Fi,

Joe

why would you not try your best anyday at boot camp. and why would you try to calculate your score.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    I think we'll both understand that one when we get their, eh?

Credits
    Savings
    The Marines WILL definitly help you with that water thing. Hey is right. Don't calculate your score. We had guys that did that and that shot expert till qual day, then they barely shot marksman. Just relax and say to yourself, "I'm only going to shoot the black." Also think of the black as someone shooting back at you. Shoot him before he shoots you.

ONE SHOT ONE KILL READY TO DIE BUT NEVER WILL

Registered User Free Member offhand200's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    03infantry seems to have a pretty good grasp on what boot camp is all about. It's all pretty simple gents, if you listen, and ask questions you will learn. If you just pretend to listen, you will struggle. The best way to learn about something you don't know or understand is to ask someone who does. This is a simple philosophy in life that many people can't seem to grasp. Anything is within your grasp, you simply have to use the tools available to you. Such as this web sight. I'm thrilled to get as many questions as I have been. The more you prepare for boot camp now the less you will struggle when you get there.

Registered User Free Member offhand200's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Problems with Marksmanship can always be traced back to fundamentals. The number one fundamental that is an absolute must in shooting for qualification is PMA Positive Mental Attitude. You will learn in boot camp that shooting is 98% mental and only 2% physical, which tells you that it is only as challenging as you make it. There are no physical limitations that will keep you from being able to qualify on the rifle, but mentally, you can go unq before you ever get to boot camp. Remember that.

Credits
    Savings
    Listen to the Sgt. That is almost exactly what they said on the rifle range. LISTEN TO the coaches. The guys that didn't are the ones we had go unqualified.

I know that it really simple but its still interesting to ask about it and i'm sure 03 is really excited about telling us about boot camp

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	officer_207051.jpg‎
Views:	480
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2558  

In reference to Sgt. Chapmans post I would just like to add my 2 cents. My name is Lcpl. Jeans. I am a reservist tow gunner(0352)
    Now some of yall might say what does a reservist know about bieng a grunt? Well, I got home in mid July from Iraq. I did a 6 month tour with 1st Tnk Bn, Tow Plt. Anyone considering going into the grunts, I will tell you this. There is nothing harder, but yet more rewarding. It is challenging mentally and physically, it is time away from family, friends, and all your other day to day pleasures but at the end of each day you wouldnt want it any other way. Goodluck to all, and I hope that you poolees enjoy sleeping under the stars!

Semper Fi!

Lcpl. Jeans
    4th Tnk Bn
    H&S Co. Tow Plt

Why would anyone think you didnt know anything. You're a Marine so who cares if you're a reservist. A Marine is a Marine and anyone who'd disrepect you because you're a reservist is a piece of

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ooh-Rah on what your doing with these Poolees, my expertise is knowledge in MC History, so I've had these future Devildogs on scavanger hunt looking for the stuff. I'm also a grunt, but in a POG position at the moment, God it sucks. It's nothing what I thought the MSG program would be like, but it has it's rewards.

Anyway, back to my question. I'm just curious as how do you get picked to be the PMI for recruit training, does that go to the top of the class following grad. from PMI school, and why are y'all allowed to wear campaign covers vise the safari covers. Just curious is all and when I get back to the fleet I have a feeling that will be we're I'm FAPed out to, either the range or PMO, God I hope it not PMO.

Thread Information