poolees. So you want to be infantry huh? - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Hey Marines I never have shot before or don't know anything about guns but I am going in infantry do you think I should be fine? How should I get ready for ITB and bootcamp shooting?

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-01-13 at 03:57 PM. Reason: The Marines who are going to answer your questions have EARNED the title...how about Marines, not guys.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You will be taught everything you need to know...

Lisa thank you for correcting me, was using the voice input because I was rushing so yeah, I am sorry about that. And Rocky thank you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your welcome.

You do know this thread is almost 10 years old right ???

Yes haha almost 10 years old, I was on google and I saw it, I read some of it and saw it was Leatherneck so I thought I'd throw in a reply.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice,

You brought it back from the dead .

You will do okay andrew, iwas a corpsman with the fmf, i learned about the weapons in field medical service school. My plt sgt, sgt company gunny everyone help ed meand i qualified . So if a corpsman can you can goodluck my friend stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

I know this thread is really old but I saw something on some pictures of recruits at the firing range with scopes and I didn't know if this was a mistake or did they stopped using iron sights?

I think at bootcamp they use iron sights and at MCT/ITB they use ACOG.

My recruiter told me last week they all switched to the ACOG rifle scope even in Recruit Training. You are issued the normal handle-grip with iron sights + ACOG scope.

Any Marines fresh from boot can correct me, but within the last two years they have completely gotten rid of the use of iron sights at Recruit Training. The Marines Corps has deemed them obsolete and one of my station's returning Marines has said that once you hit grass week and go to the firing range, you equip your RCO and proceed as normal with snapping in and stuff like that.

You are correect my son graduated 31MAY13 and he received his RCO when they moved to the range and kept it until family day.The acog is also equiped with iron sights on top of the optical.Very cool peice of equipment.

Thread Information