Help the Marines Beat the Navy, Army, and Air Force!
Create Post

Help the Marines Beat the Navy, Army, and Air Force!

Calling all Marines, lovers of Marines and those who secretly wish they were Marines (the rest of the world)!

I need your help! Every year, Project Valour IT, a group that provides voice activated laptops, Wii total fitness systems, and GPS software to severely wounded Marines, sailors, soldiers and airmen at military medical centers nationwide hosts a friendly, inter service competition to raise money for this great cause.

This year the Marine team is being led by two active duty Marine wives. My husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan and my co-captain's son (a brand new Corporal!) should be arriving there any day now.

The Marine team has never won. In 2006, the last time I headed up the Marine team, we outraised all the other services but didn't cross the finish line first.

This year, we've held the lead for the first 5 days, but the *&^% Army is hot on our heels.
    I am so proud of the amazing work our team is doing. But as the smallest service, the Marines have to work 5 times as hard just to stay in the running.

Please help us propel the Marines to victory this year. Every day from now until Nov. 11th, I'll be posting Marine trivia, history, motivational videos, and inspiring stories about Marines. But we need your help to cross the finish line first.

If you've ever been to Walter Reed, Bethesda, or any of the military medical centers that treat wounded vets, you know how many of our young Marines are facing the hardest battle of their lives with courage, grace, and a maturity beyond their years. These young men and women are truly amazing. They have given so much, and we want them to know America honors their sacrifices and their service.

Won't you help us spread the word? Here are some helpful links:
    If you have a website or blog and want to join the Marine team, you can do so here.

Donations to the Marine team.

Need motivation? Here's a great story about Marines and their indomitable spirit.

There's plenty more at my blog. I've already donated more than I want my husband to find out about (good thing he's on the other side of the world and I'm doing the taxes this year!) but I'd like to make a special offer just to Leatherneck forum members. I will match the first $500 in donations from a Leatherneck forum member. If you want to make a donation in memory of someone special, I will post their name in my sidebar and keep it up for at least one year. I'm not publicizing this offer outside this forum, nor have I made it to anyone else. Just email your MARINE TEAM donation receipt and the name of your honoree (if any) to cassandra.vc@gmail.com and I will match your donation of any amount until the $500.00 limit has been reached.

Please email friends, co-workers, other Marines and spread the word. If the Marines are justly famed for anything, it's our will to overcome and the support we provide to our Marine family. I want to see us win this year. I know we can do it with your help.

Heck, even my Dad (a NAVY man) has donated to the Marine team! So what are you waiting for???

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

Cassandra
    Villainous Company

Fill out profile and then maybe we will read and help

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Fill out profile and then maybe we will read and help
    Thank you for the tip. I do appreciate it.

I don't write under my real name because my husband is still on active duty.

I have included my email address and web site, so anyone is free to contact me with questions, or read what I've written for the past several years.

I don't think my real name is germane to whether this is a good cause or not. I've been stalked several times and also don't wish to associate my private opinions with my husband's job as a Marine.

I'm sorry if this isn't good enough. The reason I offered $500 of my own money was to show good faith, but if that and my contact information are not good enough then I'm afraid I made a mistake in coming here.

Thank you for your time. I won't bother you again.

Thread Information