Broken bone at bootcamp - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I thought google was your friend? Do you need someone to hold your hand while you go to the little boys room? I did the search for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_...entynine_Palms

Quote Originally Posted by USCFIGHTONUSC View Post
    Yea, I too would be very careful in what I reply.

Give me a break please. 29 Palms is NOT the largest military base in the USA. I believe that honor goes to Fort Hood, TX.

29 Palms is the largest USMC base size wise. And just to let you know, 29 Palms does not go from Yuma, AZ to Las Vegas, NV. to Los Angeles, CA. I live in LA and never in my life time has 29 Palms come out to the LA area.

You may hope it does and you may wish it does, but reality states differently.

Can you please explain to all of us how 29 Palms comes all the way out to the LA area? That is just fascinating news to me.!!!!!!! I could of swore that I had to drive at leat two hours to get to 29 Palms from my home in LA. I guess you know better with all your experience.

Good lord give me a freakin break.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, have you ever heard of a live fire range?

have you ever wondered why CAX is out there? CAX involves every type of live fire. helo, fixed wing, arty, mortars, AT4s, bullets... EVERYTHING. Just because he says it goes out there doesn't mean down-town LA. LA is a county bro.

and so you don't have to read through it all

The base is currently home to the largest military training area in the nation (and the largest US base in the world), and consequently, the largest training program. The program known as Mojave Viper has become the model of pre-Operation Iraqi Freedom deployment training. The majority of units in the Marine Corps will undergo a month at Mojave Viper before deploying to Iraq or a mixed training venue using the Mountain Warfare Training Center for Afghanistan. Live fire exercises, artillery, tank, and close air support training are used for training, in addition to the sprawling "Combat Town," a 2-acre (8,100 m2) fabricated Middle Eastern village, complete with a mosque, native role-players, an "IED Alley," and other immersive touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, have you ever heard of a live fire range?

have you ever wondered why CAX is out there? CAX involves every type of live fire. helo, fixed wing, arty, mortars, AT4s, bullets... EVERYTHING. Just because he says it goes out there doesn't mean down-town LA. LA is a county bro.
    Oh I am thrilled that you decided to get involved "bro". San Bernardino County is a county which encompasses 29 Palms. For you or anyone else to suggest that 29 Palms is located in LA county is just asinine and very stupid on your part.

Lets go through this once again. 29 Palms is located in San Bernardino County, CA and NOT in LA county or Nevada.

How friggin stupid can people get???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A very good demonstration on your part. Next we'll be argueing if the sky is blue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Put google to work young man. Ft Sill is larger than Ft Hood. You are grasping at straws now.

FIGHTON, have you checked out the last line in your sig lately?

Quote Originally Posted by USCFIGHTONUSC View Post
    Oh I am thrilled that you decided to get involved "bro". San Bernardino County is a county which encompasses 29 Palms. For you or anyone else to suggest that 29 Palms is located in LA county is just asinine and very stupid on your part.

Lets go through this once again. 29 Palms is located in San Bernardino County, CA and NOT in LA county or Nevada.

How friggin stupid can people get???

Hey there Cpl, let's not go bashing each other here. I'm pointing something very simple out to you. Would you say that San Bernardino County borders LA County??? here's a link to help you out. http://www.cagenweb.com/lassen/map_files/image012.gif I don't recall saying it was in, I recall saying it was by... but that doesn't matter.

now beside that, I don't have the range control maps but I know they go WAY out there. the official word is that it's half way between LA and Las Vegas, but kid... I should smack the sh!t out of you for talking at me like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    So is SOI a misnomer? Apparently it's not literaly a school but a place where Marines attend school, and that place on the west coast is Camp San Onofre home of ITB and MCT and...?

I don't believe every Marine "attends" SOI directly after boot camp as i've heard a few reserve Marines say they put off attending MCT for many months. I'm looking at Google Earth and i see a logo painted in the middle of the grinder. Is it still a pair of worn out boots?

-->Dave
    I believe SOI is the command. All Marines are SUPPOSED to attend it, but some manage to skate past. I know a female Marine that didn't go because she got pregnant while on RA after boot camp. To this day she's never gone to SOI>MCT.

But SOI isn't for just 03xx Marines. That's just a rumor that starts with poolees and gets carried on into the FMF.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    So you just laughed at your Mom instead, and that's OK too?

Mothers are supposed to ask questions like that. Mainly because we are too stupid to ask them ourselves at 17 or 18-years old.

Be very grateful that your Mom is involved in the recruiting process, it will save you grief later.
    Im always doing something wrong... just drop it

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    I spent 6 weeks in MRP due to a stress fracture on my 3rd Metatarsol. Common injury it seems. I had ignored it for 2 weeks before it got so bad that it was hard to walk on my foot. Doctor said had I kept going, I would have broke it completely and it may have even punctured through my foot.

Anyways, MRP is a very depressing place, but only you can keep yourself motivated to stay there and tough it out. Ignore all those other recruits who are only there to try to get sent home. It's hard but you'll manage if you want the title Marine bad enough.

Good luck to you!
    I love how you stay on topic, thank you! I get yelled at for my stories and people flame forums with non sense. Again thanks Marine

Quote Originally Posted by LIVESTRONGdave View Post
    Im always doing something wrong... just drop it
    What do you think you'll be when you arrive at MCRD?

You'll be a recruit; recruits are always wrong, they smell funny, they look dirty, they can't shave right, their uniform is always jacked up, they're never loud enough, they move too slow, and they don't talk back when castigated by a Drill Instructor.

Then one day like magic they realize they've been slowly transforming all along into one of the few creatures on Earth that draws duty both in Heaven and Hell.

Get used to pushing... as in now...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    What do you think you'll be when you arrive at MCRD?

You'll be a recruit; recruits are always wrong, they smell funny, they look dirty, they can't shave right, their uniform is always jacked up, they're never loud enough, they move too slow, and they don't talk back when castigated by a Drill Instructor.

Then one day like magic they realize they've been slowly transforming all along into one of the few creatures on Earth that draws duty both in Heaven and Hell.

Get used to pushing... as in now...
    Im not a recruit. I'm a 17 year old in 2nd hour trying to investigate what it takes to be a Marine and some questions I have. Im not wrong at all actually. When I leave for boot.... oh excuse me Marines, bootcamp, THEN I will be wrong alllllll the way through until they hand me EGA. oh wait!!! *IF I CAN DO IT* ...

Fair enough, lost one.

Enjoy...

Credits
    Savings
    :[

Thread Information