Broken bone at bootcamp - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Some how I got the impression that you were at one time stationed at Fuji? What camp were you on in 29 palms?
    I never said I was at any camp while at 29 Palms. I was there for school.

And I never said I was stationed at Camp Fuji. We went there as a company and a half from Okinawa while deployed there. The rest went to Thailand.

I never knew there were permanent Marines on Camp Fuji.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From your profile

Camp Pendleton, CA - MCT
    29 Palms, CA - School
    MCB/MCAS Hawaii - Duty
    --Camp Hansen
    --Camp Fuji
    ---MCAS Yuma, AZ - TAD
    ---NAF EL Centro, CA -TAD Year Exited Marine Corps

From your profile

Camp Pendleton, CA - MCT
    29 Palms, CA - School
    MCB/MCAS Hawaii - Duty
    --Camp Hansen
    --Camp Fuji
    ---MCAS Yuma, AZ - TAD
    ---NAF EL Centro, CA -TAD Year Exited Marine Corps
    Did you notice the "Duty" after MCB/MCAS Hawaii? I was stationed there and while there we went to --Camps Fuji. and Hansen. You know as well as I do that 3rd MAR REG gets stationed at Camp Hansen while there. And from there they often go elsewhere like on ship, to mainland Japan, Thailand, Australia, etc etc.

All this is like ****ing in the wind.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It is impossible for me to concieve that a Marine who went through comm school at 29 palms just says he was at 29 palms and can't list a camp. Yes I am peeing in the wind.

Regale us with a brief description of camp fuji Fighton?

It is impossible for me to concieve that a Marine who went through comm school at 29 palms just says he was at 29 palms and can't list a camp. Yes I am peeing in the wind.

Regale us with a brief description of camp fuji Fighton?
    I would send you a PM but you never answered my last one. And I agree that all this is very silly. But if you keep asking me, then I will keep answering you.

Why would I say I was at camp (x) at 29 Palms if I wasn't on any camp? Do you want me to lie and say I was at some camp? I was there as a student in the barracks of company B, FROC 2531...

A brief description of the Camp Fuji. Oh boy you are trying to catch me slipping. You go on with your bad self.

I can tell you from the barracks located to the north of the camp, I had to walk south past the flight line and that is where I would go drink and play slots whenever I could.

Not much to describe there. The mountain sits to the north along with the training areas. You open a gate, and then go train wherever your range is located. Many quansen huts which is where out comm shop was located with stoves in the center of them. Officers and staff nco's if I remember correctly had nice barracks located to the south east of the camp.

The base does not lay flat, it is on an incline. Kind of like 29 Palms.

Anything else you want to know? Oh and by the way, you didnt ask me to mention any camp at 29, you asked what camp I was at. Once again, anyone can find out the name of Camp Wilson. That doesnt prove anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I rest my case.

This is hilarious. Bulkyker is so wrong about being in comm school in 29 Palms and can't name a camp. I was in comm school in 29 Palms and can't name a camp. Maybe because we aren't part of a camp. I was with MCCES. Marine Corps Communication-Electronics School. https://www.29palms.usmc.mil/tenants.../mcceshome.asp.
    Same goes for USCFIGHTONUSC. Sorry no camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost3000 View Post
    This is hilarious. Bulkyker is so wrong about being in comm school in 29 Palms and can't name a camp. I was in comm school in 29 Palms and can't name a camp. Maybe because we aren't part of a camp. I was with MCCES. Marine Corps Communication-Electronics School. https://www.29palms.usmc.mil/tenants.../mcceshome.asp.
    Same goes for USCFIGHTONUSC. Sorry no camp.

Are you suggesting that comm school is conducted out in the middle of the desert and you all live in tents? Twenty nine palms is the largest military base in the US and stretches from yuma AZ to Las Vegas NV to Las Angeles California. Surely somewhere out there is a camp where comm operators are trained. Be careful with your reply.

Back to the original thread...
    everyone, most everyone, will have to fight trough something while at boot, weather it be sickness or injury. You will be knicked up alot, but must keep moving on. For me, whenever we did pushups, my right shoulder felt like it was about to pop and my forearm felt some kind of weird, but you keep pushing forward.

Now back to Bulkyker's investigation....and I hate USC

Are you suggesting that comm school is conducted out in the middle of the desert and you all live in tents? Twenty nine palms is the largest military base in the US and stretches from yuma AZ to Las Vegas NV to Las Angeles California. Surely somewhere out there is a camp where comm operators are trained. Be careful with your reply.
    Actually MCCES is located in Mainside section of Twentynine Palms MAGCC. My dad was a Platoon Sgt, and Instructor there, plus I've been to the school myself on a tour. There is no specific "Camp" section for it, now there are Camps out in the the desert portion of the base such as Camp Wilson which was our main Camp when I was there for double CAX. Also not to say anyone is wrong here, I'm staying out of that. I,m just clearing up the "What Camp" issue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mainside is a camp and that is what I was looking for. How hard is that?

So is SOI a misnomer? Apparently it's not literaly a school but a place where Marines attend school, and that place on the west coast is Camp San Onofre home of ITB and MCT and...?

I don't believe every Marine "attends" SOI directly after boot camp as i've heard a few reserve Marines say they put off attending MCT for many months. I'm looking at Google Earth and i see a logo painted in the middle of the grinder. Is it still a pair of worn out boots?

-->Dave

Yea, I too would be very careful in what I reply.

Give me a break please. 29 Palms is NOT the largest military base in the USA. I believe that honor goes to Fort Hood, TX.

29 Palms is the largest USMC base size wise. And just to let you know, 29 Palms does not go from Yuma, AZ to Las Vegas, NV. to Los Angeles, CA. I live in LA and never in my life time has 29 Palms come out to the LA area.

You may hope it does and you may wish it does, but reality states differently.

Can you please explain to all of us how 29 Palms comes all the way out to the LA area? That is just fascinating news to me.!!!!!!! I could of swore that I had to drive at leat two hours to get to 29 Palms from my home in LA. I guess you know better with all your experience.

Good lord give me a freakin break.

yeah, 90 day reservists don't goto MCT/ITB until their next 90 days the following year

Thread Information