Broken bone at bootcamp - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by USCFIGHTONUSC View Post
    Did I stutter or did your ears flap? My words here>>"It was better I heal in boot camp then to be dropped during SOI. They said being dropped while at SOI would of given me a very bad impression about the USMC"<< If you can't tell I went to SOI, then oh well.

You can keep playing your lame games of scrutinizing every post I make and as always you will fail. You already tried to tell me the nickname of 1/3 was NOT the 'LAVADOGS', and you claim to have served with them. Pretty pathetic. Like I told you already, until you grow a pair and man up, you are irrelevant. Is it to hard for you to admit you were wrong?

If you need for me to explain to you that ALL Marines attend SOI, then I guess you truly are one silly fool.

So keep acting like a 12 year old and leaving your cute messages on my page, and keep on challenging every word I say. Go on with your bad self....

All of this in the Poolee forum, very professional Marine. Good job. Way to show the brotherhood of the Marine Corps to future members of our beloved Corps... Truly impressive...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just to clarify for our young readers. All Marines do NOT attend SOI. That is an exclusive club that only infantry Marines belong to. You know .... School of Infantry. My apologies for polluting this thread!

From the official USMC website.

"At the School of Infantry, Marines who receive the infantry military specialty are trained at Infantry Training Battalion (ITB), and all non-infantry Marine's are trained in basic infantry/Marine common skills at Marine Combat Training Battalion (MCT). SOI marks a transition in the professional training of entry-level students from basically trained Marines to Marine warriors."
    http://www.usmc.mil/units/hqmc/tecom...s/Welcome.aspx

From Wikipedia.

The School of Infantry (SOI) is the second stage of initial military training for enlisted United States Marines after Recruit Training. Since the initial training pipeline is divided between coasts, Marines from areas east of the Mississippi River usually graduate from MCRD Parris Island and move onto SOI at SOI East (located at Camp Geiger, a satellite facility of Camp Lejeune in North Carolina), while those from the western half of the nation attend MCRD San Diego and move onto SOI West at the Camp San Onofre area of Camp Pendleton in California. Female Marines are an exception, all of whom go through MCRD Parris Island and SOI East.

The School of Infantry's training mission ensures "Every Marine is, first and foremost, a Rifleman". At SOI, Marines with the Military Occupational Specialty of infantry (0300 occupational field) are trained at the Infantry Training Battalion (ITB), while all non-infantry Marines are trained in basic infantry/combat skills at the Marine Combat Training Battalion (MCT Bn). SOI marks a transition in the professional training of entry-level students from basically trained Marines to combat ready Marines.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ol_of_Infantry

Quote Originally Posted by USCFIGHTONUSC View Post
    From Wikipedia.

The School of Infantry (SOI) is the second stage of initial military training for enlisted United States Marines after Recruit Training
    Yet another wikiblunder

* Oregon 47 - USC 20

I think it's a fairly accurate way of saying it's like an infantry unit, echelon-wise, where the "School of Infantry" is the "regiment" and then there is the Marine Combat Training Battalion and Infantry Training Battalion as well as Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, and possibly Weapons and Field Training Battalion, I forget if they have one at SOI.

I spent 6 weeks in MRP due to a stress fracture on my 3rd Metatarsol. Common injury it seems. I had ignored it for 2 weeks before it got so bad that it was hard to walk on my foot. Doctor said had I kept going, I would have broke it completely and it may have even punctured through my foot.

Anyways, MRP is a very depressing place, but only you can keep yourself motivated to stay there and tough it out. Ignore all those other recruits who are only there to try to get sent home. It's hard but you'll manage if you want the title Marine bad enough.

Good luck to you!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Fighton whereas you are relying on wiki I am relying on personal experience. Even a brand new first day on the yellow footprints boot knows that Marines attend either SOI or MCT. Granted SOI and MCT fall under the umbrella of ITB, but to come out and say all Marines attend SOI is completely false. What is your personal experience? Google is your friend. You can only fake the funk for so long before you are exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Fighton whereas you are relying on wiki I am relying on personal experience. Even a brand new first day on the yellow footprints boot knows that Marines attend either SOI or MCT. Granted SOI and MCT fall under the umbrella of ITB, but to come out and say all Marines attend SOI is completely false. What is your personal experience? Google is your friend. You can only fake the funk for so long before you are exposed.

Perhaps Google should be your friend. Whats wrong, are you upset that you are once again wrong. I do not rely on Wiki, that was a second source.

Did you even read the first link? Are you saying the USMC website is wrong? Funny how you refuse to accept FACTS provided to you.

Your words here>>>"Granted SOI and MCT fall under the umbrella of ITB"<<< You are very wrong. SOI is a location on the west and east coast. SOI is made up of ITB and MCT and other schools. If you don't agree with this, then that is on you and does not mean I did not go through SOI.

Perhaps this link will convince you.

"Located aboard Camp Geiger, North Carolina, Marine Combat Training Battalion (MCT), Infantry Training Battalion (ITB), Advanced Infantry Training Battalion (AITB), and Headquarters and Support Battalion (H&S) fall under the Commanding Officer of the School of Infantry –East (SOI-East). These subordinate commands train and support Marines at the entry-level, and the advanced level in warrior skills. SOI-East's training mission ensures "Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman!"

http://www.marines.mil/units/hqmc/te...s/welcome.aspx

Yes, you truly are doing a great job at exposing me. Did it ever occur to you that things may of changed since you went through SOI? I hate to tell you, but today SOI is not only where the 03xx MOS gets trained, but it is also where non-infantry Marines get trained. Knowledge is power.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What is your personal experience?

What is your personal experience?
    We already went through this. Read my profile.

If I was a radio operator then obviously I went through MCT located at the SOI/WEST.

ALL MARINES go through SOI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do all Marines also go through communicators school in uhh where was that again? All Marines that attend any sort of school at Ft. Lee must also be cooks. All Marines that attend any sort of school at Ft. Benning must be rangers. You want to step into the deep end of the pool without first learning to swim then lets dance.

If you can't accept the fact that the USMC changed the name or role of SOI, then that is all on you.

Like I said, when you went through this school years ago it was all 03xx's. Things have changed since then. SOI is now a location with several schools under it such as ITB, or MCT.

Let me make it even more clear for you. If you enlisted today and were an 03xx then you would attend ITB which is located at the SOI.

They changed the name, get over it. All Marines attend SOI after boot camp.

And why wont you accept those links from the USMC site? Do you somehow feel I am making those up also? Enough is enough. If you are wrong, then oh well. Learn and move on. Stop trying to twist facts.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Enough is enough is enough. Where did you attend comm school after completing SOI?

Enough is enough is enough. Where did you attend comm school after completing SOI?
    If you thought I was a fraud, then why would you ask me these silly questions such as where I went to school? Anyone can get this info if they wanted it.

Where do you think I attended comm school? 29 Palms of course, Bravo Company. Does that satisfy you? And after that I went to Hawaii and was stationed with 1/3 until I got out. Ask me specifics if you want proof because general questions don't prove anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Some how I got the impression that you were at one time stationed at Fuji? What camp were you on in 29 palms?

Thread Information