Paris Island or San Diego
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Paris Island or San Diego

I have the option to move to Fresno with friends and family i haven't seen in many years and live there while i train for the Marines and go to San Diego for boot. i want to train for 8 months then join i plan to use this program http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm

Looking for input between the two so far ive gathered.

Paris island is humid and has sand fleas and cold in winter.

San Diego has alot of hills which make it somewhat harder and your right by civilization which would toy with you mentally.

Either way both accomplish the same thing so does it really matter?

No, it doesn't matter. Both train you to become a Marine, and that's all that matters!

Quote Originally Posted by F3RR3T View Post
    Either way both accomplish the same thing so does it really matter?
    I think you just answered you own question. Both places do the exact same training and no one place is more difficult then the other.

PI, because it is more famous is where most people want to go and many claim the training is harder there. There is absolutely no truth to any of this.

In the end where you get made into a Marine makes a difference only to your ego.

Credits
    Savings
    4th Battalion would be my choice.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    No, it doesn't matter. Both train you to become a Marine, and that's all that matters!
    same as what i was thinking ill go spend the time with old friends and family. the only downside to going to san diego is flying my dad from FL to CA for graduation

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    4th Battalion would be my choice.
    Then Parris Island it is!

difference

As pointed out before they are the same, HOWEVER training schedules differ slightly. San diego vs parris island has always been a heated debate for some marines.. which is hard? to be honest as you pointed out both have the own beasts. San diego does have hills.. which u will discover up in pendleton when you get to that phase. The hill described to me by a friend was a serious incline that will test your ability to push through and make it to the top. Parris island does have sand fleas which will contribute to your getting "pitted" or in better words ****ed up constantly until you learn to "let them eat" which for alot is a difficult thing. San diego doesn't training Female marines so you will NOT have to see them like you might at parris island.

When i said schedules are different san diego speeds up training through certain phases. Most notably edson range where you qualify with the rifle you will also do the crucible prior to final drill and i want to say your PFT. Parris island you will knock out everything then hit the crucible at the end with a week or 2 left. It's been awhile since i was there. hope this helps

As for your training plan boot camp will do 1 of 2 things, if your in a muscular state going in the lack of nutrition will cause you to shrink.. if you are FAT you will shrink as well.. but at same time will improve physically due to your weight loss. Alittle bit about myself i was 193 lbs going into boot camp i did 9 pull ups 85 crunches and ran 12:30 in the Initial strength training. I came out of boot camp doing 12 pull ups, 100 crunches and running a 22:15 3 mile.. i also weighed 157 pounds haha Good Luck

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjbeach85 View Post
    As pointed out before they are the same, HOWEVER training schedules differ slightly. San diego vs parris island has always been a heated debate for some marines.. which is hard? to be honest as you pointed out both have the own beasts. San diego does have hills.. which u will discover up in pendleton when you get to that phase. The hill described to me by a friend was a serious incline that will test your ability to push through and make it to the top. Parris island does have sand fleas which will contribute to your getting "pitted" or in better words ****ed up constantly until you learn to "let them eat" which for alot is a difficult thing. San diego doesn't training Female marines so you will NOT have to see them like you might at parris island.

When i said schedules are different san diego speeds up training through certain phases. Most notably edson range where you qualify with the rifle you will also do the crucible prior to final drill and i want to say your PFT. Parris island you will knock out everything then hit the crucible at the end with a week or 2 left. It's been awhile since i was there. hope this helps

As for your training plan boot camp will do 1 of 2 things, if your in a muscular state going in the lack of nutrition will cause you to shrink.. if you are FAT you will shrink as well.. but at same time will improve physically due to your weight loss. Alittle bit about myself i was 193 lbs going into boot camp i did 9 pull ups 85 crunches and ran 12:30 in the Initial strength training. I came out of boot camp doing 12 pull ups, 100 crunches and running a 22:15 3 mile.. i also weighed 157 pounds haha Good Luck
    Crucible is after the final PFT and Final Drill, only major event after the Crucible is Battalion Commander Inspection which is that day or two before graduation.

Credits
    Savings
    nevermind

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F3RR3T View Post
    nevermind
    great attitude!!......(loaded with sarcasm if you can't tell)

this is exactly what a few of us Marines have been talking about here and what I was referring to on GMFS also

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    great attitude!!......(loaded with sarcasm if you can't tell)

this is exactly what a few of us Marines have been talking about here and what I was referring to on GMFS also
    has nothing to do with my attitude i typed a message that asked why crucible was before other stuff at san diego but the next post set it straight. so i changed my message to nevermind.

thanks for jumping to conclusions though

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "thanks for jumping to conclusions though"

Now, that was interesting. I will contain myself for a few more posts.

Thread Information