Female Poolee IST scores? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Well I am not a female, but we all do crunches the exact same way. I suggest you try and do 3 max set's in 2 minutes a day at least. Also add different crunches and ab work outs. Do leg lifts, then have someone hold your feet and old yourself at a 45 degree angle for 10 seconds then move down a little and then a little more right when your almost going to touch the ground. Hold all spots for 10 seconds and do 5-10 reps. If you find that to easy, do it longer. These were all tips I recieved on monday from my recruiter.
    Thank you for the advice. Really, I needed some work-outs I could do outside of the gym. I completely forgot about leg lifts; I've been trying so hard to get to my max by just doing more crunches, I wasn't thinking. I'm getting a little panicked with ship day approaching so soon.

Haha yeah, all of those work ours you are able to do at home which is nice. When I'm bored and play my xbox I like to do something in between games. Keep up the good work!

Roop (and anyone else in need of help)- Make sure you're using the leverage caused by someone holding your legs. It's kinda hard to explain, but when you're doing crunches, almost try to pull your feet back toward your body. Once your calves are pressed against your partners arms, it starts to take the pressure off of your abs a bit and lets you pull up easier.

Remember, crunches are about efficiency. My crunches at MEPS for my IST were like 46 or 47. I went to the my RS's Pool function the next day, where a Sgt at our Recruiting station taught me how to save energy and do them the more efficiently. I bumped up to like 77 that day, now I'm at like 112. Keep your elbows pressed against your stomach, and only go down so your shoulder blades touch. Let yourself drop back down too, dont try and control the "fall," it works your abs harder. Once those shoulder blades touch, bounce back up.

I built up to doing 100+ in 2:00 by working up progressively, example:

Week 1: 4-5 sets of 20
    Week 2: 4-5 sets of 25-30
    Week 3: 3-4 sets of 30-35
    Week 4: 4 sets of 40-50
    (You get the idea you can keep building from there)

I always anchored my feet and kept up proper form. Also I did each 4x a week, always trying to get to the 30 out of 25-30 or the 35 out of 30-35 each set.

Quote Originally Posted by Roop View Post
    Thank you for the advice. Really, I needed some work-outs I could do outside of the gym. I completely forgot about leg lifts; I've been trying so hard to get to my max by just doing more crunches, I wasn't thinking. I'm getting a little panicked with ship day approaching so soon.
    Hey Roop - best of luck to you at boot camp!!! I jealous you are shipping out so soon! I really can't wait to go! But I agree with others and you have to do more then just crunches and you need to build up your whole core. You are doing great though! Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by ajacobsen19 View Post
    Well with the P90X I just started the first phase yesterday and its great to hear the positive comments about it. My main problem is my running, I have never been a runner and i go running with my recruiter twice a week plus the poolee functions when they kick our butts. My times getting better yet I am no where near satisfied. Great idea about other females scores and let us have a chance to talk!
    Hi Ayla! P90X is tough, but don't give up! But for running, I think best think to do is a sprint/walk/jog type of training. Like if you do it on a track you sprint as fast as you can for the straight length, then when going around the bend you can slow down to jog/walk, and on the straight part you sprint again. Then try building up to where you can sprint like half the track, and jog/walk just one of the bends. I've heard that works pretty good. Maybe I'll see you at PI as I ship like a month after you!! Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Roop View Post
    Leg Lifts
    Hello Dollies
    Planks
    Flutter Kicks
    Crunches

All of those will help your 2 minute crunches, believe me! Just remember "Pain is weakness leaving the body" so even when you feel like dying hold it for a little longer ;] lol

IST as of 20090112
    Arm hang -- 54 sec.
    Crunches -- 70
    1 1/2 mile -- 11:25

Now if only I wasn't being a fattycake over Thanksgiving Break my abs would've been in better shape!! hahaha

i guess mines average. but yours if friggin awesome! we might run into each other on Parris Island cause i go in june 21. keep it up!

as i was,my sit ups went up to 73

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Jacob View Post
    Hi Ayla! P90X is tough, but don't give up! But for running, I think best think to do is a sprint/walk/jog type of training. Like if you do it on a track you sprint as fast as you can for the straight length, then when going around the bend you can slow down to jog/walk, and on the straight part you sprint again. Then try building up to where you can sprint like half the track, and jog/walk just one of the bends. I've heard that works pretty good. Maybe I'll see you at PI as I ship like a month after you!! Ashley
    Hey. Thanks! I'm sure I probably will see you around! I have pretty much not been able to run a lot thanks to the snow. But mainly I just do distance runs with my recruiter 2-3 times a week normally about 4-6 miles each time. Im going to try the sprints and stuff though. And with the P90X it is very hard and with my schedule it is super hard staying on top of it. But it is helping my sit-ups. I finally am up to 90.

Thread Information