Disqualified?
Create Post

Thread: Disqualified?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Disqualified?

I went to MEPS and got temporarily dq'd for condyloma and was assured that it was not a disqualifying condition i sent the waiver to bumed and they said that it would be fine. My recruiter called me today and said that the waiver was declined and that im disqualified. Im so ****ed off i dont know what to do, all i want to do is be a Marine and now i cant? Is there absolutely anything i can do too get back in?

Keep hassling your recruiter. Even then though, the Marine Corps is downsizing so it may be difficult to get in.

Credits
    Savings
    That's why you should always wear a raincoat!!

It is a disqualifying disease of the male and female genitalia. See Army Reg 40-501 Subsection 2-14 (use google if you have to). Even though this is the Army Reg, the MEPS Reg 40-1 states that the Army Reg 40-501 must be followed for disqualifications for all armed forces.

Sorry Kid. If they bumped the waiver, you are SOL. Don't let this be the end of you though. Serving your Country can be achieved through many avenues, even though its not the one you had your heart set on.

Best of luck.

Credits
    Savings
    this can't mean that i can never be a Marine...are you saying there is absolutely positively no way around, a waiver being declined. I mean i was not given a reason and even the gunny at MEPS told me that the condition itself was not disqualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ1234 View Post
    this can't mean that i can never be a Marine...are you saying there is absolutely positively no way around, a waiver being declined. I mean i was not given a reason and even the gunny at MEPS told me that the condition itself was not disqualifying.
    That's Gunnery Sergeant to you there young man.
    And if the GySgt told you that your condition was not disqualifying, then you best go see him and find out what the scoop is. We're not Dr's from MEPS and don't know the whole situation on why you've been DQ'd, they do.

Credits
    Savings
    thank you LASWMarine ill look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    That's right but that's like taking a shower with a raincoat on, ahh it feels so good without the balloon,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ1234 View Post
    this can't mean that i can never be a Marine....
    Jason: I'm not saying you can never be a Marine. The facts are that you have condition that can serve to DQ you. The Army Reg 40-501 provides the avenue for accepting and DQing you. The determination is based on whether your infection is "of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal activity..."

This gives MEPS wiggle room to DQ you even with a waiver request. Since the current enlistment quotas are several enlistees deep, waivers are less likely to be convincing to the panel.

A year or so from now, when the economy has picked up and jobs are opening up, you will see a slow down in enlistments. If you are hungry to become a Marine, then you will have a better chance. This is especially true if your particular infection is in remission for a long period of time. Therefore, follow the doctor prescribed medicinal regimen and keep your dick clean.

Again, this is a particular situation where you will have to be patient and wait out the economy and the recurrence of outbreak.

Best of luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Bdchi, i really appreciate a positive feedback from you, im just making sure you didnt misunderstand my post, my waiver was already denied just a week after it was sent. Well a week ago actually. Does your post still stand as is? I am only making sure because i hear too much than a no go on a waiver is a death sentence for that branch and i would definitely like some hope like that.

Oh and to add on to that, my symptoms have already cleared up completely, but i do not think they will give me the chance to prove that.

Jason...I did understand that your waiver got kicked back. I don't know who told you that a denied waive is a "death sentence" for that branch, but be sure you're not listening to someone other than those in a position to know.

Certain waivers are without a doubt the death nell for that particular branch. Keep in mind that certain waivers are for things that are simply temporary (i.e. mono), but some are for more serious long term issues that might not be overcome (e.g., weight, height, age, stupidity, etc...).

Your situation is permenant because you will take that little gift to the grave with you, but you'll likely spend the majority of your life in remission if you follow doctor's orders. Once your situation is under control, then you should go for the waiver with evidence that your condition is not requiring frequent attention and does not interfere with your daily routine. I did some research work on this in graduate school for extra cash. Most of the patients were able to remain in remission when they followed prescribed regimens.

As I posted earlier, the Marine Corps currently has plenty of folks to choose from that don't require waivers. When thats the case, the waiver folks get denied. Why should the Corps take a chance when they don't have too, right? Enlistment will eventually slow when the economy opens up the job market, and that will be the time for you take a second shot at a waiver for your condition.

Most likely, your recruiter doesn't want to deal with you now that you've been denied. So he may not be your best source for information.

A second approach is to contact your congressman and let them know that you want to serve in the Corps and need a waiver. Couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Do you shower with your socks on? Hell No!

Thread Information