becoming a marine...
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

becoming a marine...

I have a misdemeanor charge for theft over $500 but under $1000. I really want to be a marine but cant seem to get a clear answer. My recruiter has been saying for months I will see what I can do. I made a mistake once I believe I should not be judged on the one bad thing I have done but judge me on all the good I have done!

Quote Originally Posted by first4life14 View Post
    I have a misdemeanor charge for theft over $500 but under $1000. I really wan to be a marine but cant seem to get a clear answer. My recruiter has been saying for months I will see what I can do. I made a mistake once I believe I should not be judged on the one bad thing have have done in my lif ebut judge me on all the good I have done!
    1. Fill out your profile

2. Marine is always capitalized

Take care of this, and we will see if we can get you some answers.

Credits
    Savings
    Oops, another post I damm near answered. My bad.

Credits
    Savings

Becoming a U.S Marine...

I have a misdemeanor charge for theft over $500 but under $1000. I really want to be a Marine but cant seem to get a clear answer. My recruiter has been saying for months I will see what I can do. I made a mistake once I believe I should not be judged on the one bad thing I have done but judge me on all the good I have done!

You should be fine on a misdemeanor charge. Are you on probation? That could be holding you up.

Credits
    Savings
    I am not on probation I was but have been done for some time now. I don't know if I am be held up because of spending 3 days in jail or that the amount the charge (obtaining money under false pretenses) was for.

Try another recruiting office. I hate to say it, but sometimes when you get into contact with a veteran recruiter he/she has so many contacts and applicants waiting to join that they blow you off. Its not personal, its just the way it is. Lets say you have 4-6 applicants that want to join and they only need a marijuana waiver for using 10 times. Those are the applicants he/she will concentrate on. You will need a little more work, like obtaining police records and getting three DD 370's filled out. 370's are personal references for you. They cannot be family members. I suggest you go to another office, but try and get your police records and probation records in hand so its less the recruiter has to do. Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok thank you! I am willing to do whatever it takes to prove I am willing to do the work to say someday I am a U.S Marine. My best friend is a Marine currently in Cuba and I would love to be joined in Marine brotherhood.

Thread Information