Studdering at Boot Camp...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Studdering at Boot Camp...

I have a question that i never really thought of asking anyone until now. I studder and have studdered all my life. Im not a really bad studderer just mainly when i get nervous. It hit me today that I'm going to be nervous 95% of the time im at recruit training lol, meaning im going to be studdering alot. Im sure that plenty of people have passed through recruit training over the years who studdered so i just kinda wanted to get some feedback on how it was for them. By no means am i embarrassed by my studdering or anything like that. Just seemed like a good question to bring up. Thank you.

I had a 1stSgt. that had a severe stutter until he was ****ed then he was clear as day, with that said, it certainly did not have an effect on his career. I am sure you make it work for yourself like you have to this point in life.

The DIs will obviously haze you about it, atleast at 1st, but then again they may leave you alone bc they do not wanna wait for your answer. Im just kidding with you, you'll be fine and good luck.

I think that usmcmcf might be hitting the right answer more than he thinks..I know that I hate it when people are stuttering around me, so I try and avoid people that stutter...I imagine that while the DI's will give you crap about stuttering, they'll also leave you alone as long as your crap is together because they don't want to hear you stutter.

Keep your pie hole shut and there will not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Keep your pie hole shut and there will not be a problem.
    Best advice, when in doubt shut your trap. Or as the old saying goes "Speak only when Spoken To". Unless your sounding off as a Platoon as a whole. Holy Crap Batman I think I just confused my self with that dribble

Haha. Trust me i had no plans of speaking unless spoken to. Dont get me wrong im not losing any sleep over this. I just thought it would be funny to hear what everyone had to say. The replies to these types of threads always make me laugh.

You won't think its funny if you studder while speaking to your Drill Instructor.

Its not like it will be any fault of mine if i studder to a Drill Instuctor. I was born with it and it cant be helped, so whatever punishment i get ill take it. What else can i do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    You won't think its funny if you studder while speaking to your Drill Instructor.
    The Gunny is Correct. We had a recruit that stuttered some. He got some major sh*t at first, then the DIs left him alone, he did all right.

Yeh, dont get me wrong this studdering thing isnt high up on my list of worries. There's plenty more for me to worry about than me studdering lol.

You're going to hate life when you have co and btl commander inspections. But that's what boot camp is about-hating life.

But in all reality when it comes to my studdering i have good days and i have bad days. Some days i barely studder at all, then the next i cant even speak with out having someone slap me on the back of the head so i can spit it out. lol

Kid, does not sound like your a quitter. The DIs will be in your grill about it at first. Take it like a man and keep driving forward. You will be fine. The DIs really want you to make it. They won't taunt you in to hell because you have this situation. Once they realize you are strong because of it , you will be fine. You are lucky, you have a perceived weakness that is obvious. They will have to work harder to expose our recruits weakness and this my young friend will take the attention off you. You are going to be fine. In your case I would suggest keeping a low profile and work your butt off. You will make a fine Marine!

Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement.

Thread Information