Utilities Uniform, Blouse should touch cargo pockets
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Utilities Uniform, Blouse should touch cargo pockets

A company 1stSgt claims:
    "The bottom edge of the utilities blouse should be on line with the top edge of the trouser cargo pockets."

Has anybody ever heard of this? Can anyone cite a pub that supports or condemns this? I have referenced PMCUB to no avail. I'm guessing this may have been the word with the obsolete tri-color cammies.

Never heard of it, but you can try looking up the MCO for uniforms... I think it's 1020.34 Bravo or Golf... been awhile since I was in Cpl's course.

Note that having referenced PMCUB implies that I have skimmed MCO P1020.34G, MCO P10120.28G, MCBUL 10120, and all uniform related MARADMINs/ALMARs. I found nothing.

That's a long damned blouse.

Then it probably isn't an official regulation. It's probably the 1stSgt's personal preference, that's about where the cami blouse is supposed to be. The top of the cami pocket is just a reference point.

The official regulation doesn't matter unless they are trying to NJP someone for cami's too short or too long.

With the cammie blouse it's almost impossible to get uniformity in fit to such a point where everyone's blouse touches the top of the cargo pocket. Every Marine would have to take his blouse in to be tailored. Not even your tailored uniforms have such strict regulations. Most have some kind of leeway an inch or two one way or the other.

And again, a blouse that long ceases to be a blouse and becomes a skirt.

Unless, he's talking about the back pockets. That's more reasonable, but "on-line" I don't buy.

It is an unwriten rule. The bottom edge of the blouse should come down to the top edge of the cargo pocket or close to it. Some people will buy a regular length blouse that barely covers the opening to the pockets and then the blouse looks too small even if it fits comfortably. I have always told my Marines to continue to wear what they have but recommend that the next time they have to buy cammies, they need to go with a longer blouse. In our line of buisness, you have to look at it as "our" buisness suit.

There are sizes S/M/L and if you mix and match them they are drastically different in appearance. Some Marines get the idea that they look more squared away with a M top and a L bottom, this makes the cammies look wrong. Your 1st Sgt is simply saying that if you have both the same size the bottom of the blouse should be pretty damn close to the cargo pocket of the trousers.

I think Marines look retarded wearing different sized cammie top and bottoms.

I like wearing the shortest bottoms I "can get away with" while still looking sharp in reference to the blouse matching, relatively. I like wearing the smaller bottoms because I think they blouse better and it's my personal opinion that nasty boot blouses are one of the most heinous things. Obviously this is for garrison only, I'm one of the first to pull my blouses down to a low to keep bugs out and from irritating my legs in the field.

wow, um... What's "heinous" is when Marines have to bend over at the waist to fix their boot blousing, yeah, that's not gay.

As if anyone notices that crap anyways. I've always had my boot bloused between the second and third eye of my boots, no problems, not even having to fix the blouse after sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    I like wearing the shortest bottoms I "can get away with" while still looking sharp in reference to the blouse matching, relatively. I like wearing the smaller bottoms because I think they blouse better and it's my personal opinion that nasty boot blouses are one of the most heinous things. Obviously this is for garrison only, I'm one of the first to pull my blouses down to a low to keep bugs out and from irritating my legs in the field.
    Which are you talking about? Blouse as in Cammie Top or Blouse as in boot blouse?

I always bloused my trousers right along the top edge of my boots. I had the old cammies though though, they wore on a person differently than the new ones do. SF.

Quote Originally Posted by RYDERKUR View Post
    I like wearing the shortest bottoms I "can get away with" while still looking sharp in reference to the blouse(Cammie Top) matching, relatively. I like wearing the smaller bottoms because I think they blouse(boot blouse) better and it's my personal opinion that nasty boot blouses are one of the most heinous things. Obviously this is for garrison only, I'm one of the first to pull my blouses (boot blouses)down to a low to keep bugs out and from irritating my legs in the field.
    I agree with SSgt, I believe it was, who said when the cammie top and cammie bottoms don't match too well, that it looks ridiculous, but I still go with smaller cammie bottoms to get a better boot blouse while still maintaining a relative match to size of the cammie top and cammie bottom.

Credits
    Savings
    ... and just why is this mouse being replied to, or does any mouse deserve a reply, profile or not??

I just threw on my cammies (MARPAT) and my blouse comes to about two/three inches off the top of the cargo pockets. The MARPATs are a little different than the older version, I guess. I only wore them for a little while. I'll have to dig the older ones out of my sea-bag to see where they end up.

I wear medium short for both blouse and trousers.

Thread Information