okinawa japan.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: okinawa japan.

okinawa japan.

i been here for about 10 months now... its boring as hell...

does any 1 know of a ice skating rink or some where that people play hockey..

there is no hockey on Oki...maybe Japan, but definitely not Oki

Southern Hills Sports Complex has an ice ring, check with the MCCS office for the number and information, it is near Naha

What base you on, message me

Ice Skating on "The Rock" man am I really that old.

Last edited by Jarhead6193; 10-27-09 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Sorry i posted that

Get into diving. Oki has some of the very best in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcdanno View Post
    Get into diving. Oki has some of the very best in the world!
    Guam is better hands down, but Oki is pretty badass...remember not to play with the brown and white sea snakes (they are the most poisonous snake on the planet as far as sea snakes are concerned) i was chasing one through the crevises for a pretty long ways i told the dive guy and he was like...you are an idiot.....lol

No negativity here my man. Sea snakes (like grandaddy long leg spiders), are some of the most poison creatures on earth, however they lack the fang length to bite through a wet suit, even a thin tropical one. Don't "f" with them, and I promise they won't "f" with you. Their bites are extremely rare and it would have to occur on bare skin to have any chance of breaking the skin. The likelyhood of you ever having a bad encounter with one is 99.999 percent against. You live in a diving paradise, especially for beginning diving. You don't even need a boat there. I know many divers who would give lots of money just to dive there for a couple of days. Take advantage of Oki, you'll probably never again have the opportunity to explore like you have now. Pretty much the exact opposite of skating on ice, but I hope you enjoy your time on the rock.

S/F, Gunny Dan

Go talk to your company's SMP rep. I'm sure they would set something up. I'm on Hansen, 7th comm and our SMP rep sets up all kinds of stuff like that..no one goes cause we're all alcoholics, but if he set up an outting to the bar or at least something that didnt envolve a lot of hand and eye coordiation, you bet your @$$ we'd go.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I wasn't drinkin,,,Spent a lot of time playin handball. 4 wall courts, even got into a few tournaments.
    You gotta find something you like.

Bingo at the Kadena Rocket Club on Thursday evenings...

Credits
    Savings
    We didn't know there was an ice rink on the rock. A few of us got into a street hockey league on Kadena. Roller Blades are nothing like skates but it was fun and the road rash was a good excuse to get hammered afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Bingo at the Kadena Rocket Club on Thursday evenings...
    When I was there 75-76 Marines were banned because of the azz whipping some Marines gave to the air force boys,lol.

Marines use to be banned from Kadena,lol.

Thread Information