Ballistic Sunglasses? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar5812 View Post
    Marines wear sunglasses all the time in uniform..I'm in Hawaii though. as long as there "tactical" I.E black,green,brown and don't have mirrored lenses (even then that's something people usually look past)
    Dont get caught wearing them at 2nd AA Bn, used to get my azz ripped all the time for wearing shades. I always wore my official issue avatiors they were awesome. It was always the same Gunny who, busted me wearing them to lol. Still got those avatiors to lol. That was back in 02-03 though, things could have changed. I remember during my two CAX's we where allowed to wear pretty much what we wanted as long as they weren't mirrored. Semper

The thing you wanabee's should be worring about is if you can complete your training and graduate from Boot Camp, not all this crap about sun glasses. Get your brain housing group functioning toward becoming a Marine and forget the trival crap.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    The thing you wanabee's should be worring about is if you can complete your training and graduate from Boot Camp, not all this crap about sun glasses. Get your brain housing group functioning toward becoming a Marine and forget the trival crap.

Your 100% correct. Sorry, but I am asking Marines about a question I have. I worry about bootcamp on my own time, I talk to my family day in and day out and visit my recruiting officer all the time. And also do those saturday work outs. No worrys.

I have a pair of prescription Oakleys, get a sweet discount being in the military. Mine have 3 different lenses, yellow (for gloomy conditions), clear (for darker conditions), and grey (for bright conditions). They have a site strictly for military and police.
    https://secure.usstandardissue.com/i...TOKEN=76330627

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    I have a pair of prescription Oakleys, get a sweet discount being in the military. Mine have 3 different lenses, yellow (for gloomy conditions), clear (for darker conditions), and grey (for bright conditions). They have a site strictly for military and police.

That just because your cool like that Lt.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post

Credits
    Savings
    Would I be able to purchase ballistic on my 10 day leave? Would I be able to wear them at combat training or my school? Or only when I hit fleet?

You will get issued ESS glasses. Ballistic sunglasses at CIF. Last I knew you got some at SOI also. Get yourself a pair of Oakley M frames. Oakely has a sub-bussiness or whatever called Standard Issue. They sell Oakley products to military and goverment people at a cheaper price. (A lot cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by LIVESTRONGdave View Post
    Would I be able to purchase ballistic on my 10 day leave? Would I be able to wear them at combat training or my school? Or only when I hit fleet?
    You wouldn't be able to receive them in time. The ballistic Oakleys off US Standard Issue takes a few weeks to process and go through the mail. You are authorized to wear them, as long as they are not eccentric, and has a tan to black color to them, and the lenses must be either black, green, or brown. I bought the Desert Gaskans through that site in my prescription, believe me, they are WAY worth the $240, hell, I would pay that much even without the ballistic protection they give you, considering it has 100% UV protection and glare free, which helps majorly during driving, since I'm Motor T, and a reservist.

And to answer your question, no, you will not be able to wear sunglasses during MCT/SOI, except on liberty, and same thing applies to MOS school, atleast mine you couldn't.

I wear glasses and have clip ons when I'm driving.

Thread Information