Is it to late for me????
Create Post

Is it to late for me????

I wanted to know if I'm to old to get back into the Marines? I was a little older than most when you first go in, I was 24yrs old. I was in from 1997 to 2001. My MOS was 0311 and my rank was E-5. I'm 36 yrs old now and have always regretted on getting out. I would love to get back but I think I'm to old. One recruiter said I was and another said I wasn't but needed to run a perfect PFT. I think they don't want to bother with me cause I don't fall under their quota. Any suggestions? Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    By the book your constructive age is 32(you actual age minus your service years) and the cut off is 28. Yes you are too old for the Marines based on that but other services you still have a good chance.

Credits
    Savings
    Blade, I did some RA at the RS Ft Lauderdale and had inquired about the same thing for a friend of mine. They gave me a number to call, a Gunnery Sergeant that was in charge of that kind of thing (waivers for older re-enlists). Its not impossible, especially if you're in good shape.

However, doesn't the Marine Corps take off rank for every couple years you aren't in? Another words, since its been 8 years, you'd probably come in as a LCpl or maybe even PFC...I'm not sure how it works but thats what I was told by a Cpl who re-enlisted 6 years after getting out. He said he was a SSgt when he originally got out.

No you just lose your TIG points.

Thread Information