Contacts and cars?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Contacts and cars?

Hello Marines

During boot camp I will have to wear BCG. After bootcamp will I be allowed to wear contacts whenever I want ? and I was also curious if during my 4 years in the barracks would it be worth it to buy a car or possess one? did u? was it necassary?

Thank you Marines

Sure

After boot, you can where your contacts. However being out in the field at MCT, Schools, and in the Fleet, I would highly recommend you get a set of sturdy glasses. You will get down and dirty alot of times, and you don't want to be out in the field and on deployment dicking with your contacts. Trust me you will get all kinds of junk up in your eyes. As far as the Car thing, wait till you get to the fleet, and are there for a few months. You might get lucky, and be stationed somewhere that has alot of the common necessities that you will need. In the end, its your decision, trust us though wait on the car for a bit. SF

Quote Originally Posted by LIVESTRONGdave View Post
    Hello Marines

During boot camp I will have to wear BCG. After bootcamp will I be allowed to wear contacts whenever I want ? and I was also curious if during my 4 years in the barracks would it be worth it to buy a car or possess one? did u? was it necassary?

Thank you Marines
    You will not be allowed anything but BCG's at bootcamp. In MCT or SOI you will need to wear them most of the time because you will be in the field. After that you are fairly free to wear contacts, depending on what you are doing. You will always need to keep your BCD's for when you go the field. The car thing really depends on where you are stationed and what you are doing. Just as an example, if you go to Japan, I would say no on the car.....Hawaii, yes, but a cheap island beater. I had a car everywhere I went after MCT, including MOS school. I knew a lot of Marines who didn't. That is one of those things I would play by ear, and see how much you need one before you go spend money to buy one.

Echo,
    I hope you are not responding to your own post!

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    Echo,
    I hope you are not responding to your own post!
    Nope lol

Credits
    Savings
    I have two answers here. Sorry if Im mistaken, am I allowed contacts after bootcamp IF I WANT? I will most likely buy sharp, sturdy, good looking glasses for backup also. But I would prefer contacts. Sorry and thanks again.

I have two answers here. Sorry if Im mistaken, am I allowed contacts after bootcamp IF I WANT? I will most likely buy sharp, sturdy, good looking glasses for backup also. But I would prefer contacts. Sorry and thanks again.
    Your mistaken, actually we said the same thing. Just in different ways, but one thing the Sgt did touch on that I did not was keep your BCG's. They will be best in the field. Yes you can wear your contacts after Boot Camp, reread what was posted.

Credits
    Savings
    Nevermind Marines, I understand sorry for double posts and all the bad stuff I am probably doing lol.

Nevermind Marines, I understand sorry for double posts and all the bad stuff I am probably doing lol.
    Yep now go haze yourself for 10 minutes

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You won't have contact with contacts and cars until you go on leave from boot camp and then complete you SOI/MCT and maybe when you go to your MOS school...until you hit the fleet.

Contacts can be worn in lieu of glasses if you are in garrison....but they are mute going to the field and training such as gas chamber and anything involving heavy dust.

It isn't like you can stop and clean them or put in re wetting drops when you want.

But by all means get you a nice pair of shades to wear if thats what you desire....you can also wear them on your own time.

To further your answer do a search in the Ask a Marine and Ask A Poolee this has been discussed in depth numerous times!

You can wear contacts when you are in garrison but dont expect them to be issued to you like glasses will be. You will have to pay for them yourself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Got my first set o aviators in the ville in Oki. Contacts weren't invented yet. Stood Inspections in those wire rims. No prob.

KEEP A SECOND PAIR in your foot locker,,,,,You'll need em.

Thread Information