League Questions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by charm1110 View Post
    There's no MCL detachment here on Maui either and after talking with a couple of guys I know here we may get together and try to start one.

Semper Fi...
    I think you need 20 Jarines to charter a new club, that is what we had to do.

MCL#1306

The league I belong to will buy all new members a uniform so that they can wear it for color guard events or funeral details. They have bought each member a MCL polo shirt with our league info on it, and also a really nice windbreaker jacket with our det info on it. As far as the more fancy dress uniforms, those we have to buy ourselves. And of course anyone who helps out with our annual events gets a free t-shirt that we normally sell for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by WBetheajr View Post
    I just joined the Marine Corps League last month. My Detachment is having a cake cutting ceremony for the Marine Corps Birthday tonight. I have not been there long enough to get my MCL uniform but I still have my dress blues and they sre a little snug but they still fit. What is the proper etiquette for dressing for this type of ceremony? I am a little rusty on the etiquette part, I have been out of the Corps for 30 years. Thanks for any help.
    The Basic Cover is the single most important part of the uniform, without which, no other part is authorized to be worn. To avoid feeling out of place you may want to check with your Detachmment Commandant.

Respect works in both directions. If you want respect, practice it. These younger Marines need advice, not arrogance. A little advice from an old Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I think you need 20 Jarines to charter a new club, that is what we had to do.

MCL#1306
    Yes, I looked it up it is 20 but you may get permission to start if you have 15 and can get up to 20 in a reasonable time. I just ran into my wife's cousin who is also a Marine and he's interested too. We'll probably wait til after the holidays to start really getting down to business.

Semper Fi...

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    Respect works in both directions. If you want respect, practice it. These younger Marines need advice, not arrogance. A little advice from an old Marine.
    Whom are you refering to?? I have noticed no disrespect in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    So I wanna join the Marine Corps League, unfortunately there is not a local Detachment here in my area. Plus to be honest I, havn't the slightest clue on how to get one going in my town. There are a few in the General Area, but they are all at least Hour and Half, to Two Hours away. I was thinking about joining as Member At Large, instead of signing up for one Detachment due to my location. I figured this way I could bounce around to different ones. My questions on this how do the Detachements look at a Member at Large comming to there Detachement, while not actually being a member of that Detachment. Also any info on the League in General is helpful. Semper Fi
    Sorry, just latched onto this. Go online to MARINE CORPS LEAGUE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS. On the left side their is a list of contents. Click on How To Form A Detachment. You should know, or become familiar with League policies and proceedures.
    It's best to register and you'll be able to enter the Semper Fi Store and order things. Manuals and forms are free though some must be bought. You'll need 15 Marines/FMF Corpsman to start.

Good Luck
    Semper Fi

Brian Hipwell, PDD
    Commandant
    Twin State Detachment #1010
    P.O. Box 1058
    Lebanon, NH 03766-4058

Brian, echo3oscar1833 is no longer a member of Leatherneck, and besides, his original post is from over a year and a half ago.

Brian -- See you in Boise!!!

Hello,

Can anyone give me reply for it:--

which is the following search engine or directories provides the directory search result for yahoo?

window live
    yahoo directory
    google
    wikipedia
    dmoz

How to pass a drug test

Thread Information