Are there any unique things your recruiting station does?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are there any unique things your recruiting station does?

I'm not sure, but they won't (technically) let us pass our run time unless it's under 11:30. Which sucks here in Vegas heat. And they're really sticklers about everyone doing at least 10 pull-ups (I'm working on it) We also get thrashed if we don't have our General Orders memorized. What do your recruiters mainly focus on?

Are you saying they won't let you ship unless you run under 11:30 and do 10 pullups?

Credits
    Savings

Dep

My recruiting station, (RSS N LANSING), which is probably the best in the country, has PT every Thursday and every third Saturday we do something fun like paintball or bowling. We dont HAVE to know everything but we are really pushed to learn our general orders, marine corps history, and rank insignia. While i have been in the DEP i have learned to be a squad leader and the guide and feel much more confident going into boot camp.

Semper Fi Poolee's and keep working hard!

Quote Originally Posted by trmptplyr View Post
    Are you saying they won't let you ship unless you run under 11:30 and do 10 pullups?
    We're supposed to do remedial PT every day with them if we can't.

well here in phoenix we have poolee functions on the 1st tuesday, and saturday of each month and also the 3rd tuesday of each month. Our recruiters tell us that out pt sessions are to make sure that we are staying in shape on our own. usally every other month we have an IST. I am 6"5 and weigh about 215-218 and i can run my mile and a half in 10:26, 9 pull ups, and 71 crunches, and i continue to work on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Knudsen View Post
    My recruiting station, (RSS N LANSING), which is probably the best in the country, has PT every Thursday and every third Saturday we do something fun like paintball or bowling. We dont HAVE to know everything but we are really pushed to learn our general orders, marine corps history, and rank insignia. While i have been in the DEP i have learned to be a squad leader and the guide and feel much more confident going into boot camp.

I'm jealous, we only do runs around the area and exercise. But my first PT we played a game of football (I lucked out that day, hah)

one of the recruiter's wanted to go on hikes up in the mountains or down at the lake, but apparently they're not allowed to go anywhere outside of town that might be "dangerous". He also wanted us to use "water rifles" for running, but that would be sketchasaurus rex just going down crowded streets.

We have done runs in the mountains on our saturday PT, we have played football, the CFT, and even dodgeball, but with the dodge ball which ever team lost ended up having to a certain exercise until the next team lost. it was fun. Push your self man, because it is only going to get harder. The time allowed for the IST mile and a half is 13:30 for males, 3 pull ups, and 50 crunches. Just bust your hump everyday, i usually go and pt 5 days a week. mon-thu, and saturday i do like 6-8 mile runs

We have RSS PT every Wednesday and once a month we have RS Pool functions-where we run an IST and then get IT'd.

Our weekly ones vary, depending on the day. This week we had a new PFC who graduated last friday, so we just did some sprints, pull-ups and push-ups. And then we sat in the office and joked at the Air Force pool function across the hall, which didn't even involve PT. Other days they crowd us into the office and slay us for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    We have RSS PT every Wednesday and once a month we have RS Pool functions-where we run an IST and then get IT'd.

Our weekly ones vary, depending on the day. This week we had a new PFC who graduated last friday, so we just did some sprints, pull-ups and push-ups. And then we sat in the office and joked at the Air Force pool function across the hall, which didn't even involve PT. Other days they crowd us into the office and slay us for a while.
    That reminds me, the recruiters are also trying to get the Army poolees to join us for a PT, now that's going to be fun!

At RSS Panama City we do 2-3 hour PT sessions every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with Poole Functions on the first Saturday of every month. Usually consists of 2-5 mile cadence run or run with stations and an extensive exercise/core workout. Lately we have been doing quite a bit of drill and memorization, about to start getting into General Orders. I love my RSS.

Quote Originally Posted by OneRadRudeBoy View Post
    We're supposed to do remedial PT every day with them if we can't.
    What I asked is if they'll let you ship.

we went and shot AR-15's at a local outdoor range.

Quote Originally Posted by OneRadRudeBoy View Post
    I'm jealous, we only do runs around the area and exercise. But my first PT we played a game of football (I lucked out that day, hah)

one of the recruiter's wanted to go on hikes up in the mountains or down at the lake, but apparently they're not allowed to go anywhere outside of town that might be "dangerous". He also wanted us to use "water rifles" for running, but that would be sketchasaurus rex just going down crowded streets.
    Dont make me laugh,RSS Riverside CA all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Knudsen View Post

Dont make laugh,RSS Riverside CA all the way

Quote Originally Posted by trmptplyr View Post
    What I asked is if they'll let you ship.
    Not sure, everyone at my station who does ship can do at least 10, most do 20.

Thread Information