Some tips and Advice needed
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Some tips and Advice needed

Hello,

I am the cousin of a Marine his name is Brian I don't know if any of you Marines went into Boot Camp with him I have no idea what year he went or anything. But due to his son having medical issues he went into the local national gaurd to be closer to his son and to still be in the military but he is now retired.

But he has shown me the Marine life by just how he acts and talks. But since ive been about 7 ( im 14 now I know young) but my family has a history of serving.

Grandpa(Air Force Radio Operator Retired) Served in Vietnam
    Great Grandpa (Army-World WarII Deceased)
    All Great Uncles have served. All were in the Air force except 2 one was a Marine other was a Army SF.(All retired)

But as a young person and wanting to join the Marines is there is there tips on how to just prepare or give me insight?

Thanks

~GLD

Marine Friend Free Member 2044 1978's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    For answers and guidance from the Marines on here, you need to fill out your profile first.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by GLD95 View Post
    Hello,

I am the cousin of a Marine his name is Brian I don't know if any of you Marines went into Boot Camp with him I have no idea what year he went or anything. But due to his son having medical issues he went into the local national gaurd to be closer to his son and to still be in the military but he is now retired.

But he has shown me the Marine life by just how he acts and talks. But since ive been about 7 ( im 14 now I know young) but my family has a history of serving.

Grandpa(Air Force Radio Operator Retired) Served in Vietnam
    Great Grandpa (Army-World WarII Deceased)
    All Great Uncles have served. All were in the Air force except 2 one was a Marine other was a Army SF.(All retired)

But as a young person and wanting to join the Marines is there is there tips on how to just prepare or give me insight?

Thanks

~GLD

Stay out of trouble, and keep far away from drugs. Stay away from kids who get in trouble or do drugs. Work on you physical fitness. Start hitting the gym and running, and push yourself in your workouts. Start leaning about the history of the Corps, and do some reading. You have a lot of time so, if you are sure this is what you want, there is no reason to not be physically fit and mentally prepared to step on the yellow footprints when the time comes. The biggest part of it all right now is staying out of trouble and away from drugs. Just one mistake can ruin your chances of ever becoming a Marine. Good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Will do Sgt.

Thanks alot and Im 170% sure this is the path I want to take.

Just by looking at the Marine Corp History and legacy and even just by looking at my uncles and grandads I want strive to become the best and to push my limits.

I just gotta get my grades up and I have been invited to Air Force Acadamy by a individual that my mother knows. And im currently trying to get a hold of a friend that is at the Naval Acadamy now.

Thanks alot again Sgt. Hardin

Thread Information