need help recruiting people
Create Post

need help recruiting people

i am a poolee and i leave next month, nov 16th, i have tried to recruit people but everyone says no or maybe and never does anything about it. i have even gone as far as asking my old guidence councler from high school if she has anyone that wants to join the Marines. My friends are all going to college and hate the fact that im going Marines so none of them want to join. Does anyone have any tips on a way i can find recruits so i can leave as a PFC?

anything is helpful thanks Marines

Credits
    Savings
    Its a big committment joining the military, let alone the Marine Corps....during a war. Its not something someone would do on a whim because some guy said you should check it out. Your best bet is just working hard thru boot camp (which you should do anyway) although I see where youre coming from. And youre leaving in a couple of weeks, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ27 View Post
    Its a big committment joining the military, let alone the Marine Corps....during a war. Its not something someone would do on a whim because some guy said you should check it out. Your best bet is just working hard thru boot camp (which you should do anyway) although I see where youre coming from. And youre leaving in a couple of weeks, good luck with that.

thank you i will do my best

Quote Originally Posted by Talcik View Post
    i am a poolee and i leave next month, nov 16th, i have tried to recruit people but everyone says no or maybe and never does anything about it. i have even gone as far as asking my old guidence councler from high school if she has anyone that wants to join the Marines. My friends are all going to college and hate the fact that im going Marines so none of them want to join. Does anyone have any tips on a way i can find recruits so i can leave as a PFC?

anything is helpful thanks Marines
    If you want Ill let you have some of mine I got 3 so far and one is waiting to go to MEPS

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    If you want Ill let you have some of mine I got 3 so far and one is waiting to go to MEPS
    Unless you're at the same RSS, that's a no go. Referrals, when talking about Poolees, doesn't transfer between Recruiting Sub Stations. If I refer someone in my Atlanta based RSS, I can't simply "hand him off" and say someone else did from another state, or even RSS. It just doesn't work like that. It's RSS specific.

Quote Originally Posted by thekevo View Post
    Unless you're at the same RSS, that's a no go. Referrals, when talking about Poolees, doesn't transfer between Recruiting Sub Stations. If I refer someone in my Atlanta based RSS, I can't simply "hand him off" and say someone else did from another state, or even RSS. It just doesn't work like that. It's RSS specific.
    Im sorry I was trying to be a wise

Last edited by thedrifter; 11-19-09 at 08:07 AM. Reason: YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO

Bruce you working on those 100 crunches huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Bruce you working on those 100 crunches huh?
    yup workin hard man on the run too,how about you?

Haha run and pull ups for me. Just asking because your sig says (relax, I'm workin on it) next to the perfect crunch score, thought it was ironic.

I hate that I have a long torso, and im skinny. Crunches are harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique2010 View Post
    I hate that I have a long torso, and im skinny. Crunches are harder.
    Shouldn't stop you. I'm 6'2, have a pretty long torso, and I've got 100. Ask your recruiter to help you do them more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Haha run and pull ups for me. Just asking because your sig says (relax, I'm workin on it) next to the perfect crunch score, thought it was ironic.
    I guess you can say Im working on everything but the crunches are my least favorite

I look EVERYWHERE I go for referrals, the mall, restaurants, school campus. Honestly I look for people who have that "I'd rather be anywhere but here" face on, and ask them "Are you happy with what you're doing right now? How'd you like to actually make a difference in the world?" I just try to sell them on going to talk to my recruiter rather then trying to sell them on the Corps, that's what your recruiters for.

Me and my buddy ask everyone we see if they want to join, we did the IST last tuesday when it was 30 degress in shorts and randomly passed a girl walking so we said "Do you want to join the Marines? you get to do this." i thought it was a very compelling argument but she didn't lol

Thread Information