Cpl promotion q's
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cpl promotion q's

I have 3 questions

1- What is the composite score for Cpl

2- College hours count for the same amount of points as mci's correct? So if you already max'd out mci points its better off to wait till you get the promotion and turn them in?

3-What mci's are recommended for Cpl

That is all Thanks

your SGT or CPL should have told you. but 1... it depends on your mos and you can go on MOL to find the cutting score for CPL 2. you dont HAVE to have college to get promoted but its good. but no my OIC said they do not count. 3. you have to have leading Marines i know for sure to get CPL. but its best to get as many as posisble. and try going on RA for extra points

aww i messed up on #3 i mean once you get Cpl which mci's are recommended to complete but for Sgt isn't it the 8k series?

Yes i am mci complete already thats why i was asking if the college credits gave extra points because my Sgt had mentioned something that they count under mci points (so its either you complete the mci's or turn in college credits for points).

I know my comp score but where do i find the cutting score for 0311

First off, do you not have anyone in your shop to answer these questions, i.e. a Corporal?
    Moving on..
    1- Your composite score depends on you and your MOS. Check MOL for your composite score, if you rate it, then check the Manpower website for your cutting score for your MOS. Example: You have a composite score of a 1530 for Corporal. On the Manpower website you check the cutting scores for the appropriate month and MOS and it says 1525 then you will be getting promoted.

2- If you maxed out your MCI points then it would be smart to wait, that's just me.

3- See MARADMIN 0181/09 for PME requirements to be promoted to Corporal. http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...IN0181-09.aspx

One last thing, don't think the PME goes away when you get promoted. My Corporal just got pinned on October 1st and already has his 8000 series MCI's and has a slot for Corporal's Course.

I can't believe a LCpl is asking these types of questions on the internet!

Here, save this site to your computer. It's updated monthly. Just type in your MOS and the rank's score you're looking for. Then report directly to your NCO and slap him in the face for dropping the ball.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As a Corporal I would recommend taking the MCI techniques in military instruction. It is transferable for college credit as well.

This is the most retarded question I've ever heard a Marine ask. I really hope your command demotes you to PFC 'cause honestly, you should be.

Are you afraid to ask your COC these questions? OR, are you just saying fvck them they're retards and wouldn't know anyways so I'll ask people on the internet?

I think BR34's response is appropriate.

Damn you guys really don't like answering questions huh ?

For your college credit, it won't give you extra points in the education field if you have your MCI's maxed, BUT it *should* (unless your NCO's a retarded) give you better pro/cons which = more points for your score. I mean, if you want to save them until after then cool, but they could still help now. If you are actualy going to college to get your degree though, and consistently taking classes, I would say to go ahead and turn them in before Dec, so your next pro/cons are higher.

As for Sgt MCI's, it easiest to do that 8k series or whatever it's called, since it gives you the full 7, but it isn't required for Sgt, although I remember hearing it was required for SSgt, not sure though.

You need the 8k series to get meritorious sgt, so MD, you are right. Not doing it cost me a shot at a board.

for you old farts out there, around '04 they got rid of the 8k and replaced it with the 8010 (I had the answers to the 8k but the 8010 JUST came out...). And it's mandatory to get promoted period. Once you pick up Cpl I'd suggest you order this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    And it's mandatory to get promoted period. Once you pick up Cpl I'd suggest you order this series.
    Are you sure? Are you saying if your composite score for Sgt is above the cutting score for your MOS but haven't done the course then you will not get promoted?

I'm pretty sure it isn't the 8k or 8010 or whatever it is isn't mandatory for Sgt. Like 99% sure.

I'm like 100% positive that you need your non-res PME completed.

Found on page 3 and 4 of MCO 1553.4B

[IMG]file:///Users/adampetz/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG](c) Endstate: Development of a professional cadre of Marine leaders instilled ith, and openly embracing, the significant contribution that career long education opportunities contribute to their excellence in the profession of arms exemplified in sound military decision making leading to improved warfighting acumen.

(2) Concept of Operations. The objectives of Marine Corps PME are: develop Marines educated and skilled in the employment of combat forces and the conduct of war; develop Marines with the knowledge and critical thinking skills to analyze situations, in an environment of ambiguity and uncertainty, then make sound decisions in progressively more demanding positions; develop Marines whose professional backgrounds and military education will improve the operation excellence of both single-service and joint military forces throughout the spectrum of war; develop strategic thinkers and operational level warfighters that excel in the application of Marine Air ground Task force (MAGTF) combat power throughout the spectrum of conflict.

On page 7

(3)(a) Establish a Command PME policy that emphasizes the importance of PME integration throughout a Marine's Career, timely completion of PME criteria per grade, and environment conducive to the study of war, and identifying and developing those Marines with the capacity for strategic thought.

(b) Invest in the long term development of the Marine Corps by ensuring Marines are afforded the opportunity to participate in and complete their PME programs by balancing operational temp with educational opportunities.

on page 30 or 2-1

(1)(b) ...Due to limited number of class seats and the inability of some Marines to attend the resident courses, only the distance learning courses are required for the grades of Sergeant and Staff Sergeant...

(c) To gain maximum benefit, Marines should attend the appropriate resident course once selected for the next rank or as soon as possible upon promotion.

(d) Marines can enroll in courses for their current grade or the next higher grade once they have satisfied the PME requirements of their current grade.

it goes on to say there is no requirement for Cpls, however this is where command discretion comes into play. In order for you to goto Sgts residence course as soon as you pick up you need to have the 8010 done, your command can have it a requirement as I referenced earlier the part of the order that states they have that right.

as some of you may already know, Cpls course is now "mandatory" and they stress the boundaries I mentioned as far as operational tempo and such, however it has not come down yet that says it's required for promotion. I and many other feel that it should.

I went into a bit more depth as to the purpose of PME is because it really should be stressed and once you start moving up the ladder and get a few more rungs on your collar you'll understand that sometimes a Marine will only listen if you threaten to NOT promote them if they don't do what the need to do to remain competitive.

Marines in the last 8 years have been getting promoted WAY too fast and you get situations that Cpl Accord mentioned earlier of those with rank who don't know what to do with it and fail at their MOS because they were too busy prepping for the meritorious boards and sucking man meat.

I really really really hope you don't think PME isn't required for promotion to Sgt.

I can tell you, If the SNCOs of the Corps have half a brain they will set the bar higher and non-rec those who don't have PME done so the Marines who want to make a career out of this don't get held back like Accord did.

It's not fair to them that they can't get promoted 'cause some turd who's waiting for his EAS is sitting on his pack with a few extra stripes on his sleeve and never utilized it.

With the economy, the Corps is going to have to evolve to keep from having morons at the helm.

If any of my spelling is wrong you can suck it... this MCO didn't allow me to copy paste the stuff, I had to type them myself. I know I kinda went a few ways to answer your statement. the short and curly of it is you're correct, but not right.

Okay, so the answer would be that No, the Sgts distance course is *not* a requirement for promotion to Sgt, unless you command requires it ? You really confused the hell out of me. I mean, I have mine done, but you could just do any 7 right ? As far as being **** being required ? I don't really agree. You should only have to go if you want to go, and those who dont can just take a hit on pro/cons and promotions and ****. I mean, not just Cpls course but like all kinds of **** in the Marine Corps is ****ed because the "smart Marines" think every Marine should be have to go. I don't know how many times I havn't been allowed to go to a class because they had to send people who do't even want to ****ing be there. While I understand your point, that you dont want retards leading the Corps, when you require **** like that, you just ensure that the retards are as competitive as the nonretards.

I don't know what any of you are talking about. When I was in there was a cutting score and you either got it or didnt. Never had MCI courses or class for Cpl. or Sgt. just time in grade and cutting scores. Made Sgt. under three years without doing any thing extra.

Thread Information