Weird PT you've done - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    We used to play football about once every 2 weeks. About every fourth game someone would get hurt....a broken collarbone here, a sprained ankle there....nothing major. It all stopped during one game when 2 guys collided and one got a major concussion and the other broke his jaw. The Sgt Major had a ****fit. The best unusual PT we did was water polo...it was tough but pretty darn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    We made up our own PT (proof again how smart air wingers are )
    Anyways, it was a combination of soccer, football and rugby. Needless to say it was a great game until one of our Sgts got his ribs broke.

Meserole08orah, don't take a newcomers side until they've been vetted. For all you know these jokers could be fakers.

Gunny, the only way I can figure is that he got out as a LCpl and they brought him back down to E-1 as a 6-month probation. I've heard of this happening with SNCO, but they eventually get put on the fast track towards promotion.

Anyways, When the hell did you serve in HI? Marines or Army? I was at K-bay and I ran the hill up by the O-Club, there's no stairs there and I was looking out over everything. So I guess what I'm saying is WTF are you talking about dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    Meserole08orah, don't take a newcomers side until they've been vetted. For all you know these jokers could be fakers.

Gunny, the only way I can figure is that he got out as a LCpl and they brought him back down to E-1 as a 6-month probation. I've heard of this happening with SNCO, but they eventually get put on the fast track towards promotion.

Anyways, When the hell did you serve in HI? Marines or Army? I was at K-bay and I ran the hill up by the O-Club, there's no stairs there and I was looking out over everything. So I guess what I'm saying is WTF are you talking about dude?

SSgt,
    I am familiar with what he is talking about. It is off base, when you are going down the H-3 (I think that is the highway that goes to the front gate) before you go into the tunnell there is a ladderwell going up the side of a mountain that is called "the stairway to heaven." It is a pretty tough climb. If I am not mistaken the hill you are talking about above the O-club is KT (I think that is what it is called) with the tower on top. As I remember it is an arse kicker....about a 30+ degree incline. That will get the ol' leg burn goin'!!! Now, as far as some of the other BS he has posted, I am not so sure........

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Shouldn't of been playing in the barracks.
    A Gunny with a sense of humor, whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    A Gunny with a sense of humor, whats next?
    We all know how the wing skates and never does anything.

I have actually had some good friends that were mech's in the wing. They put in some long arse hours.

The most fun p.t. we did was combat basketball basically no rules, no fouls, none cares if you dribble or not! Bn. Cmdr. cancelled it after a few games due to injuries suffered. Now that I look back on it can't say I blame him. We went back to the typical daily seven 3 mile run after that.

Semper Fi...

Nobody's touched on this one yet? Come on!

Scuzz towel sledding...

Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Nobody's touched on this one yet? Come on!

Scuzz towel sledding...
    I remember the Scuzz towel 500 race we used to do in the squadbay in bootcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by charm1110 View Post
    The most fun p.t. we did was combat basketball basically no rules, no fouls, none cares if you dribble or not! Bn. Cmdr. cancelled it after a few games due to injuries suffered. Now that I look back on it can't say I blame him. We went back to the typical daily seven 3 mile run after that.

Semper Fi...

I used to let my guys play comabt football when we had down time on the ranges. I had to be the RSO for that also. They liked to play in helmets and flacks. Sometimes I would have to slow the game down just a bit because they would get pretty hyper. Doc always stayed busy then also.

We played Smear the Queer until, like others have related, there were too many boo-boos. My other favorite PT was lifting weights. You know, 16 ounces, 32 ounces..... (back in the day,before 24s and 40s)

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    We all know how the wing skates and never does anything. (( not fixed = fixed = ))

I have actually had some good friends that were mech's in the wing. They put in some long arse hours.
    If it was broke at oh dark thirty, it would fly at 1st light.

Los of hours, but you got to fly.

Pain in the ass to drag them in the hanger and play Marine with all the saluting and stuff.

Oh yeah, PT was a personal thing, in my last squadron, and we had to stay in shape. My last 2 years in, we had quarterly, bi-annual and yearly PFT's (if that is what they were called.) Most of the time they were after a wetting down or some such other event where booze and no sleep was of the norm.

Our 1st Shirt, was a SSgt when we all went over together. He wasn't so much a tee-totaler, as he just wanted us to stay in shape. He was much respected and there were no collar insignias allowed at PT. He hammered on everyone.

I saw him in San Diego last May, at a reunion. Woe be the one (ones), who for 2 days, couldn't keep up with him on Friday and Saturday morning. Oh yeah, he is 76.

Combat Soccer with flacks and helmet after the daily 7 of 10 count BS#$%ers, I don't think anyone in the platoon even knew how to play real soccer. It was a one time event, like the rest someone was laid out and the message was sent down from Battalion.

We had a Field Day event at Cherry Point (Early 90's)
    I remember one of the games we played on a field,
    A huge ball on the center of the field, 12 men faced each other from the Goal ends. and the whistle was blown.
    No rules, object was to get the ball past the other teams goal.
    Corpsman were lined up, and ambulences were ready.

Credits
    Savings
    When I was at LeJeune back in '71 , the recon units would do their run on the overhead Aquaducts. (about 20' off the ground) Then they would scale the water tower and do pull ups. The water towers were about 100' off the ground. It was scary to see these guys do this on a daily basis.
    SEMPER FI!!!
    vfm

Thread Information