Flu Shot and H1N1 Shot
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flu Shot and H1N1 Shot

Hello, I'm leaving for bootcamp January 4th, 2010, and was wondering if I should get a flu shot, and H1N1 (Swine Flu) shot now? My parents want me to get it now so I won't get ill before I leave but I'm not sure if they give you those shots at boot or what? If anyone has any thoughts or knows the answer to this that would be great.

Thank you.

In my opinion, ask the Dr at MEPS, he/she will know better than we will.

how can I get a hold of them? I asked my recruiter if I should get it and he said he doesn't know...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanH View Post
    how can I get a hold of them? I asked my recruiter if I should get it and he said he doesn't know...
    Call 1.800.xxx.xxxx

Aw nevermind.

Seasonal and H1N1 shots are done weeks apart from each other. Google the MEPS for your district and play phone tag until you get an answer.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get the darned things now or not. Your choice. Make a decision.

If you get them now they'll either be in full effect, and/or you will have already gotten sick from them and gotten better.

Or died.

In any event, they won't be affecting you for boot camp.

Make sure you get proof from your doctor to take to boot camp with you that you got the shots, otherwise the Marine Corps may get a wild hair to stick you again.

They may anyway. Oh well.

I just graduated last Friday. There was a spread of swine on the Island while I was there. We all got the vaccine. I say just wait.

that **** not even bad i had it durring ILOC some dirty grunt unit gave it to us. Lasted 3 days and i was on my feet

Quote Originally Posted by chrisf9028 View Post
    I just graduated last Friday.
    Congrats, Marine!

Thank you Sergeant!

I'm pretty sure you get both of them in receiving now. The flu shot you do for sure, I'm not so sure about the H1N1 since it wasn't going around when I went through. I would hold off on it.

We got the vaccines towards the end of boot, just wait.

If you aren't leaving until Jan, go get the shot(s) now. Pay for them yourself if you have to, but get em. Keep the record of the shots and bring it with you to recruit training. Make several copies.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no harm in doubling up on vaccines. If you get one in the private sector and then another in boot camp so what. Get them now and maybe avoid the recruit crud.

Don't worry, you could still be the pink eye recruit with your own sink and mirror in the head, lovingly quarantined with duck tape.

Thread Information