Preparation
Create Post

Thread: Preparation

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Preparation

Hello, my name is Taylor I'm out of Colorado. Currently I am only a Freshman in High School so I think it's to early for me to be here, and I have been set on joining the Marines for two years now. My step father is a Marine. Basic info on me is that I am very interested in WWII, and that I box. For boxing I spar every Monday, usually train two times a week, and my first amateur fight is in a few weeks. Can anyone advise what I should atleast try to do for preparing for the Marines when I hopefully enlist in three years?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    How about fill out a profile there young jedi, more of us here will be likely to answer your questions you may have.

Only advice I could give you with being pretty young still is just keep yourself out of trouble and don't get any major injuries while your sparring/fighting.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Sir I filled out my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshman View Post
    Hello, my name is Taylor I'm out of Colorado. Currently I am only a Freshman in High School so I think it's to early for me to be here, and I have been set on joining the Marines for two years now. My step father is a Marine. Basic info on me is that I am very interested in WWII, and that I box. For boxing I spar every Monday, usually train two times a week, and my first amateur fight is in a few weeks. Can anyone advise what I should atleast try to do for preparing for the Marines when I hopefully enlist in three years?

The BEST advice I can give you is to stay in high school and get a high school DIPLOMA, not a GED. I also suggest that you don't try any drugs. Also, if your on any kind of ADD/ADHD meds to try and be off of them ASAP. You box, so I'm guessing that your not over weight. Good luck youngster.

Silly kids these days still on the WW2 kick, how about Vietnam? That was a war similar to what were fighting today. Great time too, good music, the medevac was saving more and more lives on the battlefield. The invention of the attack helicopter, m-16, Forrest Gump. How can you not like that stuff?

Just to reiterate from the above:
    -Diploma
    -No drugs
    -Stay out of trouble
    -Study
    -Stay in shape
    -When you get to boot camp don't refer to a Gunnery sergeant as "Gunny". You will end up getting a tongue lashing like you wouldnt believe.

Thread Information