Airmen More Physically Fit Than Marines? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

"Really?'

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    “The recruits wake up at 0445, and they start exercising around 0500,” an Air Force military training instructor says during the video. “The biggest misconception is that the Air Force is the easier of the four services, when actually, we are the hardest when it comes to PT standards. Our standards are higher, and we don’t have the 12 to 16 weeks to get them there like the Army and Marines do.”

The claim may allude to the Air Force’s new physical training standards, which will be put in place Jan. 1. Airmen will be required to take their PT tests twice a year instead of annually with a new weighed scoring system requiring faster run times and more push-ups and sit-ups to record a perfect scored. The Corps currently requires PT tests twice a year, but will cut back to once a year in 2010, with a Combat Fitness Test also held annually.

Seems like the Air Force took some notes out of our playbook.

In better Shape you got to be kidding I'll laugh that off. Semper Fi.

Whatever

At first I watched it, and was a little aggravated, watched it a second time and laughed.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Of coarse my opinion in these matters may be taken with a grain of salt but after I reviewed the different boot camps, basic trainings, of all our Armed Forces I'd have to say that the Marine Corps prepares its' recruits faster and better for war than the other Armed Forces from the get go....from being a Poolie to becoming a Marine completing MCRD. What happens to a recruit after Boot Camp or Basic Training, as he or she is assigned to go into their specialized training, is another matter and I don't have a difinitive opinion based on any research. What I am saying is that if I had a son or daughter who wanted to join the Armed Forces, I'd recommend that they join the United States Marine Corps because I've seen their evolution process and how they prepare for war while praying for peace. The United States Marine Corps, thoughout their history, 233 and counting, has done nothing to dispell the nature of their very specialized history, traditions and martial preparedness.

Well, I saw people on pull-up bars and no one doing pull-ups.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just got off the phone with Daughter #1, a SSgt in the AF Reserves. We had already been talking off and on over the past week or so about the changes in the AF PFT, and she was less than enthusiastic about them. Underwhelmed?

I had her look at these AF links and I thought she was going to pop a vein she was laughing so hard. Her exact quote, "Harder than the Marines? You've got to be sh*tting me?" She said most of the girls (and some of the guys) in her flight would burst into tears if one of the TIs yelled at them, never mind having harder PT standards.

My daughter said the popular female AF activity at Ramstein AB was watching the Marine liaisons do their PT. She said the Marines did more PT just stretching and warming up than she remembers doing in an entire PT session in basic. She said there was no way the average AF male could have kept up with the Marines, although there were a couple of AF guys who did work out regularly with the Marines trying to improve themselves.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    We gotta keep in mind that we Marines are the measuring stick to all branches of the American Military Machine and more than likely beyond that

Semper Fi

They all looked happy. I didnt hear any instructors yellings, just a bunch of compliments and what not.

Ha, that's more than hilarious. The videos definitely made me laugh... I love how they make everything seem so difficult. They run that "confidence course" ONE time, and it looks to be about HALF the size of the Marine Corps confidence course. I know when I went through boot, we ran the confidence course for regular PT, and added runs, buddy carries, drags, etc. And we also had the Obstacle Course on top of that, which I ran twice.

And don't even get me started on the Crucible...oh man I would love to see those "recruits" do that. I would love to see a Marine Corps Drill Instructor go rip their heads off.

I would love for the air force "recruits" to spend 1 entire day with a group of Marine Corps Drill Instructors, can you imagine?

“The recruits wake up at 0445, and they start exercising around 0500,” an Air Force military training instructor says during the video. “The biggest misconception is that the Air Force is the easier of the four services, when actually, we are the hardest when it comes to PT standards. Our standards are higher, and we don’t have the 12 to 16 weeks to get them there like the Army and Marines do.”

The claim may allude to the Air Force’s new physical training standards, which will be put in place Jan. 1. Airmen will be required to take their PT tests twice a year instead of annually with a new weighed scoring system requiring faster run times and more push-ups and sit-ups to record a perfect scored. The Corps currently requires PT tests twice a year, but will cut back to once a year in 2010, with a Combat Fitness Test also held annually. "

--I guess they're gonna say Air force is better fitted for war when they leave training since they only have 6 weeks to do it. HAHAHA

I like the AF used their shorter boot camp as an 'advantage'. Their boot camp has to be twice as hard as Marine boot camp because they have half the time to train their recruits.... how do they come up with this stuff? Maybe in theory, but definately not in reality.

I'm going to don my blindfold and light up a cig as I step in front of the firing squad, but here it goes: I originally enlisted in the AF, did 2 1/2 years before I finally got sick of it. Some of the guys I served with were alright, but most were fat, lazy, and disgusting. I was lucky enough to find a loop hole when the AF got "over manned" and crossed over early and became a Marine. I did the old AF basic, but I can't imagine the new setup to be much more challenging. I had go through boot camp at Parris Island. The AF way doesn't measure up, not even close (and I received extra thrashings since the DI's quickly found out I used to be an airman)! I've been a Devil Dog ever since 2005 and haven't looked back since.

If nothing else you can get a pretty good laugh from that video........

Thread Information