Are recruiters supposed to call you back
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Are recruiters supposed to call you back

Back in August, I disclosed information at MEPS and they disqualified me for a history of depression. About halfway through September, my recruiter called me and told me that this nurse practitioner who my parents used to make me go see was going into MEPS to give a statement or something like that. I haven't heard from them since then. Are recruiters supposed to call you back if your request for a waiver has been denied? Should I try to get into contact with the people at MEPS to find out? I called my recruiter, but he didn't answer the phone and he didn't call me back. What should I do?

All I can tell you is if your Recruiter isn't calling you back, then go to the office and talk to the Recruiter face to face, or whoever's in charge, and find out what's going on.

LASWMarine is right.

I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you, those MEPS officials have the final say. It really doesn't matter what a civilian nurse has to say, especially when it comes to mental health. If MEPS says no, the answer is no- but good luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    It's fine if I've been denied. I just want to know what is going on.

Like I said, get yourself down to the Recruiters office and start asking those questions. Maybe they have forgotten about you and your situation.

Credits
    Savings
    I guess I can grab a couple bucks and make the bus ride down there. If I can't get an answer out of them, should I call up MEPS when I get home?

In my opinion, I don't think MESP is going to give you much info over the phone. Your best bet is to do this in person.

Credits
    Savings
    Okay, thanks. I'll grab my jacket and get to walking.

You'll find that there will be a lot of people in life that won't return your calls. If you want something to happen, sometimes you have to make it happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by stein07 View Post
    You'll find that there will be a lot of people in life that won't return your calls. If you want something to happen, sometimes you have to make it happen.
    Excellent answer Anne.

I always return calls from potential customers.

If i feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee24 View Post
    Back in August, I disclosed information at MEPS and they disqualified me for a history of depression. About halfway through September, my recruiter called me and told me that this nurse practitioner who my parents used to make me go see was going into MEPS to give a statement or something like that. I haven't heard from them since then. Are recruiters supposed to call you back if your request for a waiver has been denied? Should I try to get into contact with the people at MEPS to find out? I called my recruiter, but he didn't answer the phone and he didn't call me back. What should I do?
    They must have their people they are looking for so don't bank on them calling you the ball is in your park.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Do you have your phone set up so that you can receive anonymous calls?

Or maybe they are busy or just don't want too.

Take the initiative and get to walking!

why are they going to talk to you when all they're gonna say is they haven't heard anything back yet. I'm willing to bet that they said they'll call you when something new happens. This stuff takes time.

Credits
    Savings
    Well, it's just like you Marines said, I made the hour long bus ride through the crappy industrial part of town to the recruiting station yesterday, and they told me that they haven't heard anything yet. I feel kind of like an idiot and like I wasted a bit of effort.

Thread Information