i have a problem
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have a problem

Do i need my social security card when arriving to Parris Island?
    my recruiter being what he is, jus told me i needed it. a month earlier though i had went with another recruiter to the social security office and applied for one. he put so that it would be delivered to the recruiting station. apparently it never got there and im supposed to b shipping this Sunday

Yes you do.

nothing constructive to add but that sucks

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Call 1-800-772-1213 ASAP ask to speak to a representative and ask where your replacement card is at.

I don't understand why it is to go to the recruiters office...that is a controlled item that should go to you only and could potentially get mixed up in the shuffle of third party mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Call 1-800-772-1213 ASAP ask to speak to a representative and ask where your replacement card is at.

I don't understand why it is to go to the recruiters office...that is a controlled item that should go to you only and could potentially get mixed up in the shuffle of third party mail.
    will do right now.

Worse case scenario, your ship date will be pushed back a week or 2 until you get your SS card.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancon View Post
    Worse case scenario, your ship date will be pushed back a week or 2 until you get your SS card.
    Worst case scenario is that this shows no responsibilty on your part and you DO NOT ship.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Worst case scenario is that this shows no responsibilty on your part and you DO NOT ship.
    And not meet the quota? That won't happen.

Credits
    Savings
    Quota?

There are 10 standing at the door waiting.

http://libertyworks.com/recruiting-q...n-or-strained/

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Quota?

There are 10 standing at the door waiting.

http://libertyworks.com/recruiting-q...n-or-strained/
    "In addition, the Army, Navy and Marine Corps have met or exceeded cumulative retention goals for the Federal fiscal year that ends September 30."

Those numbers are from last year. We are in fiscal year 10 now. Plus, you also have to take into consideration that the recruiter still has a "Monthly Mission" to meet and you can bet he will do everything he can to ensure this poolee ships.

Also, theres no reason to try and scare him by saying he will be rejected because he wasn't "responsible". Isn't that one of the reasons recruits go through boot camp?

Responsiblity is learned at home as you grow up!
    I don't see how anyone is scaring anyone here. The young man doesn't have HIS SS card for whatever reasons, and it's HIS responsibility to get a new one, NOT his Recruiters. The young man, being 19 years old, should be taking responsibility for his own actions and belongings, not someone else.
    I went thru boot camp to become a Marine, not for responsibility. I already knew that. Yes, your Drill Instructors will teach you more about being responsible for all of your personal belongings and your own actions.
    To me, being a Marine is about Honor, Courage and Commitment and belonging to one of the world's finest! You also learn Dignity, Pride and Discipline, along with Marine Corps History, Values and Tradition.
    Like I said....responsibliity is learned at home as you grow up!

Responsibility is learned in the Corps. If it wasn't then Privates would be held responsible for the same things as SNCO's. Would you expect a Private to be more responsible than a Gunny? I'm sure the Gunny has grown more responsible than the Private right?

Recruits are held accountable for their actions. When you are punished harshly for something you tend not to make that mistake again, thus developing more responsibility. So if you think most Marines come into the Corps as responsible adults, you would be wrong.

When you were growing up, did your parents give you responsibilties around the house....say.... walking the dog, if you have one, cleaning your room, doing dishes, taking the trash out, doing your homework when you came home from school, and so on? That's learning responsiblity growing up.
    Yes, Drill Instructors teach you more about responsibilty as you train to become a Marine as you rise thru the ranks, but it's not the main reason why anyone becomes a Marine, nor is it the only reason. In my opinion, if that's the only reason why someone wants to become a Marine, then the Marine Corps would be sh!t out of luck.
    Everyone is held accountable and responsible for their own actions, whether you're a Marine or not.

Until he gets to boot camp and learns more responsibility about being a Marine and the responsiblities that come with rank, the young man is still a civilian, and he's responsible for getting HIS own SS card, NOT his Recruiter.

Thread Information