quick question airwingers
Create Post

quick question airwingers

Two months ago i went into the reserves after being out of the corps active duty for 2 years, i previously asked questions on this subject however im getting no answers from my unit so will ask here, im a previous Combat Engineer 1371, my reserve contract is for 6174 Crew Chief UH-1, because there is no Combat engineer reserve unit nearby pensacola, Fl. Ive been told my MOS school for 6174 is anywhere from 4 months in length to 9 months in length and everytime i ask someone the answer changes at my squadron. Can anyone tell me how long the school is for 6174 MOS??? I understand its school in pensacola, then SERE then a school at Camp Pendleton. Any answers would be great!

It'll be awhile. My buddies who just left NR were air crew, they've been in for over a year. The thing with air crew is you do all your basic quals at P-Cola, then go to school for your aircraft, then you go to a training squadron to get all your flight quals.

School in Pensacola is 29 days, close to 2-3 months realistically with medical and checking in. Sere is 2 weeks. After that, no idea. My friends who were in AC school with me back in November (before I got kicked out) are just barely getting to the fleet.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    School in Pensacola is 29 days, close to 2-3 months realistically with medical and checking in. Sere is 2 weeks. After that, no idea. My friends who were in AC school with me back in November (before I got kicked out) are just barely getting to the fleet.
    You got kicked out of AC school?

Not hard to do, my buddy got dropped for a sinus infection. But yes, realistically AC school in Pensacola is 2-3 months, then you got whatever air craft you are on, then flight quals with a T-Squadron.

Thread Information