Any 1/8 Marines out there?
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Any 1/8 Marines out there?

So I just found out that at the end of October, I will be checking in to the 1/8. I heard about our deployment schedule and I'm pretty excited. I don't think I'm allowed to discuss what I've heard so far on here, am I?

Anyways, if there are any 1/8 Marines out there that can offer some advice or give me some insight as to what I have to look forward to, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
    S/F

OPSEC!! do not say anything PFC! A good friend of mine was in 1/8. he was a plt sgt during the push into Fallujah. from what he tells me 8th regiment is well respected. so dont fvck up their reputation young gun. S/F.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by tangovictor87 View Post
    OPSEC!! do not say anything PFC! A good friend of mine was in 1/8. he was a plt sgt during the push into Fallujah. from what he tells me 8th regiment is well respected. so dont fvck up their reputation young gun. S/F.
    Thank you Cpl...I figured that I shouldn't be saying anything I'm lookin forward to finding out more personal opinion about the 1/8. I've already read up on their web page and it seems they've just returned from Iraq, or are returning shortly

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....LUPO...check out 2/8/2 on the web...same/same/same...Doc...

I was with Bravo Co. 1/8 during the Fallujah push. Some of the BEST Marines I have served with. 8th Marines has a long legacy of GREAT Marines. You have big boots to fill. Go make you path and good luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LA FORCE 0369 View Post
    I was with Bravo Co. 1/8 during the Fallujah push. Some of the BEST Marines I have served with. 8th Marines has a long legacy of GREAT Marines. You have big boots to fill. Go make you path and good luck!
    I can't wait SSgt! I've heard they are pretty top notch.

Yeah I'm in 1/8. I actually have to cut my leave short so I pick up you guys from Geiger. I'll shoot you a pm with my phone number and name.

I find it ironic. 26 years ago we lost Marines in Lebanon and now new Marines join our unit on the same day.

Yup totally watched these guys running around like idiots this weekend from across the way...god I love my life.

Wasn't too long ago when you watched me get off the buses and reported to 1/8. I love my life too.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Yeah I'm in 1/8. I actually have to cut my leave short so I pick up you guys from Geiger. I'll shoot you a pm with my phone number and name.

I find it ironic. 26 years ago we lost Marines in Lebanon and now new Marines join our unit on the same day.

Lima 3/8 Here.

Was part of the Color guard to honor the 10th year anniversary at the Beirut memorial. Lots of Family there from the fallen Marines and Sailors.

Semper Fi.

Lupo send me a PM. You with A B C Wpns? I stay over in hp 105.

Finally met up with Lupo just now. No I didn't haze him, just talked for a good while. Pretty good Marine, mature as **** if you ask me. Great things coming from him I'm sure.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Finally met up with Lupo just now. No I didn't haze him, just talked for a good while. Pretty good Marine, mature as **** if you ask me. Great things coming from him I'm sure.
    I appreciate the kind words LCpl! Pretty motivating to hear that actually. especially since I just got done goin door to door checkin uniforms lol

Two of my best friends PCS'd to my unit in Oki (and one is here with me in Germany) from 1/8.

Comm guys. They checked in RIGHT after the fallujah push... if anyone knows Sgt Sweeting, or Sgt Felix?

Credits
    Savings
    LCpl: thank you for the ride to the MCX the other day. I can't tell you how appreciative I am of someone offering to help out a boot from another company the first couple months that we're here. Thanks again! S/F

Thread Information