PFC to CPL
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PFC to CPL

PFC to CPL

I'm looking to advance my rank as quick as possible, I have until December when I pickup LCpl, however I don't want to be a 2 year or Terminal Lance. I want to pickup Cpl as soon as possible. However my time in grade will be ridiculously low compared to the other LCpls in Security Battalion, Quantico. I'm basically just looking for whatever advice can be given to get me promoted quicker.
    Scores & Stats:
    Pistol - Expert
    Rifle - Expert
    CFT - 291 (3:02 MTF, 91 Ammo can, 2:16 MUF)
    PFT - 188 (22:07 Run, 100 Crunches, 3 Pull ups)
    Grey Belt
    10Lbs under Max Weight.
    EVOC Certified
    Government Licensed
    NO MCI's completed YET. (Still waiting on the damn books.)
    I volunteer for almost everything

I realize my PFT is TERRIBLE and I work on improving it all the time but I have another 5 months until its time to re-test.

Help?

REALLY?!?! 3 pullups and your asking us what to do?

imho lcpl is an awesome rank. enjoy it. the best NCO's are the ones that aren't rank chasers and spend real time in grade. and 3 pull ups is pathetic. improve that and complete the MCI'S.

Don't worry about getting promoted. Worry about learning your MOS.

And get those pull-ups up!

S/F

It's pretty interesting how you have an amazing CFT score, but your PFT blows... But I think you answered your own question when you posted that. Also, people tend to dislike Corporals who don't know how to do their job but managed to get promoted because they made everything on paper look pretty.

Also, with the MCI's, somebody is bound to have a digital copy of the books (I do) that you can put on your computer. Also, talk to your squad leader/Vc/team leader about getting the paper test that they print out. You fill in the answers and they submit it online. It takes a day or so. They order, print, you do the test, give it back, submit, and you're done.

AND! how did you get 91 ammo lifts if you can't do at least 10 pull-ups?

Alright! 3 pull- ups? WTF!!! you have to be kidding her...right??
    I understand the desire to rise though the ranks but seriously you'd never be taken seriously as an NCO with that kind of pft performance and seriously I don't think any command would consider that kind of pft in the least desirable for an NCO. You know no matter how many mci's and attaboy's you collect that measly 3 pull-ups will stick out like a Di** on your forehead should you ever make it to a board and being an MP I would guess you're going to have some pretty stiff competition on any future boards. Hit the gym work on your upper body strength and study all the knowledge pertaining to your mos you can get your hands on, Keep a good attitude, stay away from partying and generally be a good boy, eventually you will get it. Good Luck!

Semper Fi...

I was thinking WM but your profile says 'male'...how did you get through boot with 3 pull ups? You were 3rd Batt on the island.

Adding to what was said above...I've seen LCPLs that were far more squared away than meritorious CPLs. Do the time and drink a protein shake or two while you're pounding out the MCI's. Do they have an MCI on how to increase pull-ups? If so, start with that one

S/F

Go to the gym. There is the recon ron pullup program to increase your pullups, and it works great, but if you don't start it out doing at least 10, it won't do you any good. Go to the gym, if you want a good workout routine then PM me. Pullups help, weights can help more. My score went from like 215 to 240 in the past month and a half.

3 pullups,lol, hit that gym bigtime. Semper FI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Fuc pullups M.P. be the one that writes more Tickets than any M.P on Base

You know that BIGGG-BRICK building on mainside with the Bigg Flag with 2 Stars on it.Stake out the driveway @ when The Major Generals car drives by with Him in it Pull him over @ give the Driver a Ticket 4 speeding.Chit You'll get promoted on tha' Spot I did

Credits
    Savings
    I've been a L/Cpl for 40 years....it's a hell of a rank !! Some of the Corps finest are, and have been, L/Cpls forever.

Semper Fi

The idea of being a Lcpl gets overlooked in favor of picking up NCO. There are plenty of times when Lcpl's have just as much responsibility as NCO's and are just as mission critical. Yeah, the blood stripe is cool and so is the EGA buckle on your dress blues, but if you're a retard (and there are plenty of those) it doesn't mean anything. The only difference between when you were a Lcpl and a Cpl is that now someone has to address you by rank, but if you don't know anything what's the point? I wouldn't expect someone to respect me just because I've got an extra chevron if I don't know my job.

STW, it's called tradition. If you suck that's not a good enough reason to disrespect the rank. We don't promote on Technical/Tactical prowess in the Corps, we do it on performance. If the "retards" get promoted it's because they are better than the next guy. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    STW, it's called tradition. If you suck that's not a good enough reason to disrespect the rank. We don't promote on Technical/Tactical prowess in the Corps, we do it on performance. If the "retards" get promoted it's because they are better than the next guy. Get over it.

I think you misinterpreted me, but it came out the wrong way on my end. Yes, you still HAVE to respect the rank, but respecting the man is entirely different.

I'm not going to go outside of what I am require to give someone credit as a great leader if they aren't one. Would you? You've been around to know what I'm talking about. They looked good on paper and got promoted, but outside of that are useless. Anyone can avoid Ninja Punches, run fast, and be strong, and do a few MCI's to reach Corporal. Hell, my cutting score in September was only 1617, and as of right now without any MCI's I have a 1575. Assuming the scores don't go up too much by June/July when I'm eligible for Corporal, I'm getting promoted because by then I'll have my MCI's in, and more time in grade. But I'll have only been actually working my job less than a year and by Avionics standards, that really isn't ****.

But there's more to it than just being strong and taking tests. So yes, you must respect the rank, but I'd rather gain respect as the man first so that the rank isn't wasted.

Thread Information