Any Tom Clancey fans out there?
Create Post

Any Tom Clancey fans out there?

I just read his latest.."The Bear and the Dragon"..excellent read.
    I was reading one of his about how a pilot ran a 747 into the white house. I had been reading this about 2 months before 9-11
    Talk about scarey. Just hope what happens in his latest doesnt come true.

LadyLeatherneck
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up Movies

I haven't read any of his books but I've seen some
    of the movies based on his books which I enjoyed
    very much. Sounds like a good book though.

Arty101
    Guest Free Member

Exclamation The books are better than the movies!

Red Storm Rising was a startling book about what might have happened had the Cold War turned ugly. The first Clancy book that hooked me was Clear & Present Danger. All the rest seemed like natural follow on's.

TopGunny
    Guest Free Member

Talking Tom Clancy

I remember Tom Clancy when he was an Insurance Agent in Westminster, Maryland, long before he started writing.
    Amazing knack for attention to detail and utilizing current events to emphasize anything that might effect our nation's well-being.
    For someone with no military background...

Sempers

An Insurance Agent huh? Ha well I tell you what, he sure does have a nack at attention to detail. Every one of his books are outstanding, he does his research. I havent seen "Clear and present danger" yet, and I did'nt read the book yet, but from what I under stand in the book it's arab terrorists that do the strike, but to make sure that they are "politcally correct" they switched it to neo-nazi's...what a crock!!!

Been hooked

on Clancy since Red Storm Rising, but I believe the plane that crashed into the Capitol Building (not the White House) was the last act in a new Japanese-American war. Hey! I'm old and don't have a copy handy (Debt of Honor?).
    Anybody who likes Clancy should try Harrold Coyle - start with Team Yankee - Red Storm Rising from a tank commander's view.

Registered User Free Member psycho0331's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Sum of all Fears

I've been reading his latest - Sum of all Fears. Excellent reading, so good that I'd hate to see the movie. Has anyone read the book and seen the movie?

Psycho0331

Thread Information