G2 with a 5 year Contract
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question G2 with a 5 year Contract

I just have a simple question to anyone who knows exactly what it is.. I was originally in the DEP for the motor pool for the Marines, and as of yesterday I was told i am now in the G2 Infantry for a 5 year contract and it comes with a bonus. Does anyone know what they do exactly?

What do you mean? You will be in the infantry.

Security forces maybe?

Its a part of the Infantry. The Infantry isn't just one thing. Its a group of different jobs. And i Would've been told i had 03 infantry but i was told G2 Infantry, and now i have to sign for 5 years instead of the initial 4, and it comes with a bonus, so it has to be something different, that is what im trying to find out.

the same infantry jobs are on the G2 contract.
    It reads- This incentive only guarantees that I will be assigned to either MOS 0311,0313, 0331, 0341, 0351 or 0352 (MOS 0321 is excluded) I signed one yesterday.

Don't you read what you are signing?

I have a copy of my contract in front of me so if you have any other questions go ahead and ask.

G2 is just the name of the contract. Like how UH is a 4 year infantry without a bonus

Damn all you lucky poolees with G2s and UHs. I would give my left nut for an infantry MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    Damn all you lucky poolees with G2s and UHs. I would give my left nut for an infantry MOS.
    Don't give up. My original MOS was admin when I enlisted May 1st. I literally called my recruiter every week asking about infantry jobs. When the new list came to the office I was the first person he called. I was able to switch to a G2 contract and still keep my ship date of Dec 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen139 View Post
    Don't give up. My original MOS was admin when I enlisted May 1st. I literally called my recruiter every week asking about infantry jobs. When the new list came to the office I was the first person he called. I was able to switch to a G2 contract and still keep my ship date of Dec 7th.
    Haha! Nice man. Any job in the Corps is a job worth doing, but the move from admin to infantry must have made your day. Congrats!

Yeah, I will keep asking him about it. But, in the end, I would be happy with air crew, just not as happy as I would be with infantry.

Remember, if you don't get your desired MOS right away you can switch in 2 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by atimmons View Post
    Remember, if you don't get your desired MOS right away you can switch in 2 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think that might just be a switch to a different job in the same field.

Life if you had D6 (comms and repair) you could move from repairing electrical equipment to working with radios in the field.

I don't think you can go all the way to a new field.

If you can, that's pretty sweet.

There giving bonuses for Infantry?? So many people want it, wonder why they even need to give out money lol. Btw Jensen, did you sign a contract saying what your MOS of choice is? I've been told I dont sign until I go to MEPS the day I ship.

I think the bonus was more for the 5 year contract then it was for infantry I may be wrong though too. I think only reservists get to choose their MOS, and active duty choose a MOS field. I will be active.

Well yeah, that is what I ment. I mean signing the paper saying your MOS field.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    There giving bonuses for Infantry?? So many people want it, wonder why they even need to give out money lol. Btw Jensen, did you sign a contract saying what your MOS of choice is? I've been told I dont sign until I go to MEPS the day I ship.
    You should get our MOS Field contract before you go to MEPS to ship. I don't ship until January and signed mine in early September. I think you'll just sign another copy, a more official copy, when you ship.

Thread Information