G2 with a 5 year Contract - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alright..

Same thing happened to me, can anyone explain to my what a G2 is and does?

Same thing happened to me, can anyone explain to my what a G2 is and does?
    A G2 is a 5 year UH (infantry 03 field) contract with a small bonus compared to a standard 4 year UH contract with no bonus. Then there is a G3 UH contract which is a 6 year UH contract with a slightly larger bonus than the G2.

Does that answer your question?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How dyou know if you got a signing bonus? I'm always afraid of asking a stupid question on here, but I'm a bit hazy on the details - I have a 5 year contract, UW - Presidential Security, does 5 years automatically give me a bonus, or would I have been told that when I went to MEPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    How dyou know if you got a signing bonus? I'm always afraid of asking a stupid question on here, but I'm a bit hazy on the details - I have a 5 year contract, UW - Presidential Security, does 5 years automatically give me a bonus, or would I have been told that when I went to MEPS?
    Ask your recruiter whether or not you got a bonus.

I'm pretty sure having a five year contract does not mean you get a bonus. I have a five year Intel contract and I do not have a sign on bonus.

I have a G2 contract. fresh out of Boot as well. its a five year contract going 03xx. $7500 bonus, not sure if its for the extra year or infantry though.

kierstead, when did you sign your contract? Mine was for $4,000 and I've read that from other's recently as well.

Man wish my 03 contract came with a bonus. Gunny Sergeant told me "The Army will give you whatever you want to get you to sign up. You can have a t-shirt!".

I took G2 because there were no regular 4-year contracts for 03XX... What's another year? (and $4,500 of course)

I took the job because I have wanted infantry since I was 10. My dream is to be apart of the world's most elite infantry.

I couldn't have cared less about the money or the additional year. I was happy, ecstatic, really, to finally be *this* close to fulfilling the dream of becoming a Marine with an infantry MOS.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I had a UH contract, but switched to G2 because I didn't see any reason not to. $4,000 bucks and an extra year in the Corps. How can you go wrong?

You do know that you'll actually be getting around $3000 though right? Uncle Sam has to get his! Contrats I too signed a G2 contract. I leave on December 7th. I can't believe that I leave so soon. I enlisted May 1st 2009, but I first started meeting with recruiters in August of 2008.

Yes yes I know. $3000 is still a good chunk for the used harley or honda cruiser I'm gonna buy.

Thread Information