Anyone out there from Platoon 3079, year 1981?
Create Post

Anyone out there from Platoon 3079, year 1981?

Looking for graduates from MCRD San Diego, Platoon 3079, Kilo Co. Entered bootcamp Aug. 31 and graduated Nov. 20, 1981. I was the one who needed translation from English to Spanish in some situations. Lol.
    Also, anyone that served with me in Camp Pendleton from 1981 to 1983 at 1st Supply Batallion, 1st FSSG and in Okinawa from March 1983 to March 1984 at Camp Kinser, 3rd Supply Batallion, 3rd FSSG.

Semper Fi!

platoon 3079

Hello Bonillo.

I was in your platoon 3079 from aug 81 to Nov. I also spent my stint in Okinawa at Camp Kinser until I rotated back to the states and spent my remaining time at Camp Pendelton. I remember you clearly as a soft spoken fellow with a heavy accent. My name is Lawrence (last name). do you remember mount m.f.? in seconed faze?

Hello Steve Lawrence, Good to hear from you. I remember you well and also
    I am looking at your picture in my yearbook. Hope life has been good to you.
    Hard yo believe tomorrow would be 28 years since we graduated boot camp. Of course I remember Mount MF. Wow! It is nice to hear from someone from 3079, I know of another Marine on this site named Rafael415, but it appears he doesn't log in too often as I have sent messages to him and nada. His last name is Monterrosa and lives in the Bay area. What state is Cloverdale located? Sorry I am so ignorant about US geography. I stayed in San Diego after getting out of the service. After boot I was transferred to Camp Pen, then Okinawa, then Camp Pen, got out in '84, moved to San Jose, went back to the Marines in '85, to Pendleton, then Okinawa again, then got out in 1987. Yep, I still have the heavy accent but my English vocabulary has grown exponentially. Lol. Please stay in touch. Oh! I turned 48 Nov.1. You?

Semper Fi

Bonillo

I wasn't in your Platoon, I was in 3096 (Oct-Dec) right behind you. What were your Drill Instructors names, I'm sure I heard a few, heh. Seems I remember the DIs stopped us one day in First Phase to watch you guys on the O-Course and said, "look over boys, you'll never make it that far..."

Semper Fi!

Platoons 3079 and 3096

Hi there MontezumaCpl,

Our Diill Instructors were SSgt. R. L. Ewain (Senior Drill Instructor), Sgt. D.R. Hoye, Sgt. A. D. Harrington who was replaced after his heart attack, as I remember, by SSgt. R.C. Noriega.
    I can say it now, but I thought I was never going to make it, I did, though.

Semper Fi

Bonillo

Hi Bonillo and Lawrence

I remember both of you, I was with you there as well and remmeber the hmp over mMF at night. Good to find there are others, do either of you know what happened to our DI's?

Hello sdjones0326,

Good to hear from you. So you are in Beijing?
    Sorry, I have no idea whatever happened to our DIs. I hope one of them sees this posting. I live in San Diego and Lawrence in Oregon, I believe there is a fellow Marine (Monterrosa) from boot camp living in the Bay Area as well.
    Take care.
    Bonillo

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hello all. I've finally decided to log on here. Bonillo, sorry I didn't reply to you earlier.

Let's see, after boot camp I went to Camp Pendelton for Motor Transport School at Delmar. From there I went to Hawaii based at Kaneohe Bay Marine Corps Air Station for the rest of my enlistment. I had the chance to go on two West Pac tours first onboard the USS Durham then the USS Belleau Wood. After I got out I came home to San Francisco and about 8 years ago I began working for UPS. That's about it.

MontezumaCpl I was in Plt 3089 oct 81 to dec 30 81 SSGT Harris Sgt Walker Sgt Cleveland

Thread Information