40 Special Duty Bonus Points??
Create Post

40 Special Duty Bonus Points??

So now that the composite scores have just updated, I have been going through my Marines scores to see who might get promoted in January. I came across 2 scores that I thought were a little high based on what I know about those Marines. I checked their BTR, ROS and Education pages and noticed that on the ROS (Record of Service) that there is 40 points under Special Duty Bonus Points. I was under the impression that only 100 points can be awarded for this for DI, Recruiter, MSG and Combat instructor. If you go under the composite score calculator and put in 40 for the bonus points, it brings up an error at the top and says only 0 or 100 can be entered but still adds the 40 points. How is this possible for them to get it? They are both LCpls, very early in their enlistment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you get 20 points for every person you recruit into the Marine Corps. Maybe they went on R/A and got somebody to join, or a younger brother or friend put their name down saying they got them to join.

20 pts per person you recruit is correct for a max of 100 pts. There is a seperate section for that though, Command Recruiting Bonus Points. These were in the Special Duty section. Besides recruiting someone does not count as recruiter duty, just as working at MCRD does not count as DI points. You must be a recruiter, or a DI, or on MSG orders to get these points. I am all for these Marines having some extra points towards promotion, but I just don't want them to be disappointed when someone asks why they have these points and no one to back them up with an explanation. I would ask them myself but they are in Iraq.

Ohhhh ok that makes sense now. Well to answer your original question: I have no freakin clue.

Thread Information