Hey, young men,,,,,,, - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Thank you for everything you did Sgt. I cant wait to pay back the favor.
    It don't mean nuthin,,,,,,,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Thank you for everything you did Sgt. I cant wait to pay back the favor.

You wanna pay back a favor???? Be true to yourself,,,,, The Marines don't need an unreal Marine. If it's truly in your heart,,,,,, you will be a TRUE Marine. It don't mean a thing,,,,,, Till it means something to you.

This ones kind of a toughy for me because I was influenced by many things.

My mother's bestfriends sons were all Marines, and I grew up around them as a kid and even as a young adult watching the lifestyle and what they believed in. Seemed like everywhere I moved my life surrounded me by Marines. Even my bestfriend is a Marine wife, and because of her my friendships with Marines have continued to grow with everyone they introduce me to. I've only been through a couple of deployments with them but it has been such a blessing to be there for her and getting to experience and see how it feels to have someone serve our country that you are close with. It's been great because now that I'm a poolee, my mother especially has many Marines that she can get advice from and comfort.

My neighbor said it best, there is something about the Military services that binds you together as a huge family. You never forget the experiences and the friendships you get.

At the end of the day, when I look at my family and friends that were Marines, I see something different in them verse the rest of the world. I wish I could put it into the right words of what it is, maybe the dedication, the passion, and hope that I have seen has always been something I wanted when I see it through them.

And movie wise haha, I really enjoyed the documentary Ears Open Eyes Click, that was pretty great!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Michelle,,,,, You are so good to go. You have the name of my second child,,,,

Scuse me while I make you a friend,,,,,,,,,

!!! Aw thank-you!!
    lol I'm truly flattered!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleJoyce View Post
    !!! Aw thank-you!!
    lol I'm truly flattered!!
    Stuff that female chit away, girl,,,,,,,,,I'm old enough to be you're Granddad,,,,,.,,,

I was looking for something military based when I was about 11, always being interested in such things. Mainly the brotherhood and the adventure. I found a program called the Young Marines, and a local one in my area and went. It gave me a watered-down taste of the Marine Corps and it's discipline, honor, and pride. Especially the esprit de corps. The memories I have of that are very strong and nostalgic. It's a thing.. that once you taste it, ain't nothing else like it. I am just honored to finally be here, a Poolee of Marines; given the chance at the Title.

Nothing beats esprit de corps. The job is tough, but the memories of brothers (and sisters) will never leave you.

Personally I didn't want to be one of those people that took freedom for granted. It wasn't a movie or a book. Not to mention no gain without pain. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    You wanna pay back a favor???? Be true to yourself,,,,, The Marines don't need an unreal Marine. If it's truly in your heart,,,,,, you will be a TRUE Marine. It don't mean a thing,,,,,, Till it means something to you.
    I hope its alright with you Sgt that I use this in my Sig. It's 100% truth.

Haha Sgt. I was just messing when I said about not being a guy. If i was a thin skined gal I would have gone to the Air Force. Marine is a Marine no matter the sex, creed, religion, etc etc. And I will be damn proud to be part of the brotherhood in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo4 View Post
    Haha Sgt. I was just messing when I said about not being a guy. If i was a thin skined gal I would have gone to the Air Force. Marine is a Marine no matter the sex, creed, religion, etc etc. And I will be damn proud to be part of the brotherhood in my future.
    Right on. There are no female Marines, just Marines.

My mother puts it like this when people ask how she feels bout me joining
    "From a young age you can tell If your friends son is gonna be GAY..Well for Aaron(me) We always knew he was going to Be Military..When Cammie's were out of style he wore the same old Raggy pair to school like I didn't buy him no other pants..when I wanted to watch something funny he wanted to watch war movies"

I used to do War scenarios with Hess Trucks and little green Marines..I always loved everything about the military..but I realized just how much i loved It when i moved into a town that had Army JROTC..I moved up to Sgt. in my first year(3 Knicks game color guards at MSG in 9th grade)..Raider Team..Drill Team..My Ssgt. seen i was so motivated he offered me a Paying job as a S4 (Supply..Everyday was field day)that was my first job..JROTC motivated me even more because the skills it gave me..I can Flip Rifles and March Efficiently with or without one..I can Command The Drill of A Squad..I can do these things better then i can play sports..for That I love our military Because it gave me something to look back on And Something Evan Bigger To Look Foward To!!

I have friends in the Marine Corps and Army & Air Force, I figured I would join the best of the best... Although all branches serve a purpose. Above all I joined to become a Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    This is always a confusing question for me because I really don't know how I ended up here. I was a computer nerd in high school, went off to college and studied Computer Science. The summer before my sophomore year I got a email from Army ROTC saying there was extra room in their morning (0615) PT class and anyone could register "if they were tough enough". I had got into working out the previous year so I thought I'd take up their challenge. After that quarter I knew I wanted to be in the military and was planning on joining AROTC. However my parents said hell no and they were paying for my school so that kind of killed that. Plus now I go to community college. However I still had that desire to join the military so I went to MEPS with the Army to join as an enlisted MP. I didn't sign the day I went to MEPS. I took some time to think about it and decided if I was going to do it - I might as well join the best, the Marines. I was always told by people/Army recruiters that you couldn't choose your job in the Marines which scared me away. However, I talked to a Marine I know (also on here) and he told me that wasn't true. Plus I always thought the USMC was too hardcore and there was no way I could ever join. I called my Marine Corps recruiting office and got an appointment. They transferred all of my paperwork over to the USMC at MEPS and I signed about a week or two later.

I'm glad I made my decision even though no one else really is happy about it. My town/family is your typical white, middle/upper class, go straight to college and get a good job, so no one really understands my decision.

Thread Information