Security Forces School
Create Post

Security Forces School

Hello Marines,

I am enlisted to go to Security Forces and I was wondering how long the school was, i have looked on other forums and websites but am getting mixed reviews. I have also heard its all up to chance on getting FAST Company, but that is what i want in my career and am willing to do what it takes to achive that goal.

My ship date is December 14th 2009

I run a 18:30 3 mile
    26 pull ups
    108 crunches in two minutes
    I was selected as Plt. Sgt. at my RS for my leadership skills and motovation

Hope that can help you asses me, thank you for your time devil dogs

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    for security forces you go through ITB and an MOS school in Virginia (if I remember right?)

your looking at about probably 4-5 months total of training between ITB and MOS school

hopefully a security forces Marine will chime in and verify this

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeusmc2 View Post
    Hello Marines,

I am enlisted to go to Security Forces and I was wondering how long the school was, i have looked on other forums and websites but am getting mixed reviews. I have also heard its all up to chance on getting FAST Company, but that is what i want in my career and am willing to do what it takes to achive that goal.

My ship date is December 14th 2009

26 pull ups
    I was selected as Plt. Sgt. at my RS for my leadership skills and motovation

Hope that can help you asses me, thank you for your time devil dogs

My Guns was just talking to me about MSF... let me go grab him right quick and i'll quote him.

nvm ... he's at a medical stand down. I will edit this later with the Info.

Resource - He was an Instructor at the school house.

You need to do a search. There is way too much info on MCSF on this site. Chances of FAST Co., can be good, if you get the UV option and are locked on, but you have a long way to go. Focus on the 25mm target right now.

And typy less and ready more. But, after you're done searching this site if you have a list of questions PM me.

26 pull ups
    stop at 20 and stop at 100...you dont get extra credit....
    focus on getting your run to 18 flat or less.

as far as your question i cant help you, cause i know nothing about security forces

I was security fforces once upon a time. The school is about 2 months if I remember right, I got there in April Graduated and got to Iceland in June. All told with SOI and BSG it was about 6 months of school after boot camp. As far as FAST company goes, in BSG you will fill out a "dream sheet" of duty preferences. Your choices go like this; FAST, overseas, east coast, west coast. It is needs of the Marine Corps as far as where you get sent. But I have never heard of anyone who requested FAST getting turned doown unless he was PRP qualed. Hope this helped. PM me if you have any more questions.

Thread Information