A Charge is really going to stop me??
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Charge is really going to stop me??

Ok this just doesnt make any sense to me, a felony charge is really stopping me?? I wasent even convicted, yeah i have posted on here before about this and dont go saying im whining because I was told no, I AM FIGHTING FOR MY CHANCE TO BE A MARINE! How can something so small like this, burgulary in the 3rd degree I WASENT EVEN FINED! i payed 2500 in restitution to the victim but was never fined, I was not adjudicated, the case was closed this is bullcrap, I have 900 hours volenteer hours on my belt, I work for local farmers for petes sakes i am not a bad kid I WAS 13 WHEN THIS HAPPENED AND I TURNED MYSELF IN!! how can this be that they wont take me cuz im not ****ing perfect?? dont they give second chances i havent screwed up since and i NEVER will i learned my lesson! isnt that what lifes about? to learn lessons! If there are any recruiters on here help please cant i get a waivors or something, come on this is ridiculus, i am in excellent physical shape, you are missing out on a hell of a kid, I am very smart and physically fit, i make good choices no drugs or drinking, STRAIGHT A student, i can get so many letters saying how good of a kid i am this is just a joke! Why wont you take me, I am fighting for my chance to become a Marine and I wont quit, i dont care if you people say im whining and complaining, IM NOT, i am fighting and i want a clear answer to know WHY!

Thanks,
    Sam

The USMC has certain guidelines you must meet in order to qualify for enlistment. According to their rules, you are ineligible.

This does not mean anything negative about you and it is nothing personal. You are assuming that everyone who wants to be a Marine should be allowed to become one. There are many who get denied enlistment for reasons that may seem trivial, especially these days.

If everyone could be a Marine, then we wouldn't be Marines.

What are you looking for, Sam? If you have been told it is a no-go, look for something else. The Marine Corps isn't missing out on anything by not taking you, they have more than enough who don't come with any baggage.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...minal.-um-.htm
    'An individual with more than one felony, is not eligible for a waiver.'

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...lcriminal7.htm
    United States Navy and Marine Corps
    Criminal History Disqualifications
    Felony Offenses

Regardless of state or local law, for enlistment purposes, the following offenses fall into the Category of Felony Offenses:
    • Aggravated assault; with dangerous weapon; assault intentionally inflicting great bodily harm; assault with intent to commit felony.

• Assault and battery on law enforcement officer or child under 16 years of age.
    • Arson.
    • Attempt to commit felony.
    • Breaking and entering (all types).
    • Bribery.
    • Bigamy.
    • Burglary.
    • Carnal knowledge of child under 16.
    • Check, worthless, making or uttering, with intent to defraud or deceive ($501 or more)
    • Conspiring to commit felony.
    • Criminal libel.
    • Draft evasion.
    • Extortion.
    • Forgery; knowingly uttering or passing forged instrument (except for altered identification for purchase of alcoholic beverages).
    • Grand larceny; embezzlement (value $501 or more).
    • Housebreaking.
    • Illegal drugs (See special rules for drug offenses).
    • Impersonating a police officer, civil official, military officer.
    • Indecent acts or liberties with child under 16, molestation.
    • Indecent assault.
    • Kidnapping, abduction.
    • Leaving scene of accident (hit and run) involving personal injury and/or property damage is over $500.
    • Mail matter: abstracting, destroying, obstructing, opening, secreting, stealing, or taking.
    • Mail, depositing obscene or indecent matter.
    • Maiming; disfiguring.
    • Manslaughter.
    • Murder.
    • Obstructing justice.
    • Pandering.
    • Perjury.
    • Public record; altering, concealing, destroying, mutilating, obliterating, or removing.
    • Rape.
    • Riot
    • Robbery
    • Sedition; soliciting to commit sedition.
    • Sodomy.
    • Stolen property, knowingly receiving (value over $500).
    • Theft, shoplifting (value over $500).
    NOTE: Consider offenses of comparable seriousness as a felony. In doubtful cases, apply the following rule:
    If maximum confinement under state or local law exceeds 1-year, treat the offense as a felony.

A "felony" will be defined as a conviction or adverse adjudication by civil authorities (foreign or domestic), or action taken which is tantamount to a finding of guilty of an offense for which the maximum penalty is death or confinement under state or local law exceeding one year, regardless of state or local laws.
    An offense will be classified a "felony" without regard to the offender's age when the offense was committed, or whether the offense was disposed of by juvenile or adult criminal proceedings. An offense classified as a felony above, will be classified as a felony for enlistment, regardless of state or local law.
    In rare instances an offense may be classified as a single incident felony if more than one felony results from a single incident. Generally, if the multiple incidents are not separated by space and time, they may be considered as a single incident for waiver purposes. In order to be considered, the multiple felonies must be related and must derive from a single incident. For example, a housebreaker who steals a stereo might be considered a single incident felony for 1) felony burglary and 2) felony theft.
    A single felony requires a waiver. More than one felonies are disqualifying, and no waiver is authorized.

It doesn't really make sense that you're being turned down for it if you weren't charged.

I would say fight it, take it up the chain of command (it'll be good practice), but if all else fails, maybe try for corpsman or something. Or just pick up your bags and figure something else out, because it obviously won't work for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Let's read the policy posted by LASWMarine.

According to the policy, and based on the information you provided in this thread and your last one, you WERE technically adjudicated when you paid restitution and performed community service. Evidently this was approved by a judge prior to dismissal of formal charges. Therefore, you were adjudicated.

The policy also says that a waiver is required if one felony is involved. They refused your waiver. It is discretionary, not mandatory, that a waiver be granted.

The Marine Corps is full and folks are lined up trying to get in. Recruiters are turning away people who don't need waivers, so why would they go through the trouble of processing a felony conviction waiver? Why would one be approved?

Perhaps the Marine Corps is missing out on a potential excellent Marine. Obviously it is a risk the Corps is willing to take. The Corps turned down Audie Murphy during WWII and we know how that turned out.

The way I see it you have three choices: #1 - Try to join another branch; #2 - Wait and see if things heat up around the world and the Corps gets less picky again; #3 - Fugitaboutit.

You stole plain and simple, and a golden rule in the Marine Corps is Marines Don't steal. You can sit here, and make all the excuses in the world, about how your a good kid, etc, etc. Unfortunatly we don't know you, and neither does the Marines Corps. The Marine Corps, and us have no reason to place, or want to place our trust in you, to serve in the Marine Corps. Granted Im all about second chances, everyone is entitled to one. However for you the Marine Corps will probably not be your second chance, when there are young Men and Women without baggage that will make good Marines. You say your not whining reread your post you are. Good luck with your future endeavors in life.

first off, burgulary is not robbery burgulary is just breaking and entering, and i did not have a felony conviction i was never convicted

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel21 View Post
    first off, burgulary is not robbery burgulary is just breaking and entering, and i did not have a felony conviction i was never convicted
    Yes but, you had intent to steal, or at least thats how the court looked at it, and how the Marine Corps looks at it now besides, its the principle of the matter. If the Corps dosn't want you, they don't have to take you. If the recruiting Command said no, then its no, what part of that don't you understand. Its not like you can come on here, and we can wave a freaking magic wand for you.

i payed 2500 in restitution to the victim
    What did you steal?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No, burglary is not robbery. Burglary is a crime against property and robbery is a crime against a person. However, I don't know about your state, but in Michigan what you did would be at least a 10-year felony.

You are picking nits in any case. A felony as described in the policy is a felony for enlistment purposes. Period.

Read the policy posted by LASWMarine, note the bolded items (bolding added).

A "felony" will be defined as a conviction or adverse adjudication by civil authorities (foreign or domestic), or action taken which is tantamount to a finding of guilty of an offense for which the maximum penalty is death or confinement under state or local law exceeding one year, regardless of state or local laws.

Whether you think so or not, you were adjudicated as far as this policy is concerned.

This is not the forum to argue your interpretation of Navy/Marine Corps enlistment policies. None of us here can do anything to change it.

Life sucks. Welcome to life.

...and dont go saying im whining...

- the case was closed this is bullcrap

- I have 900 hours volenteer hours on my belt, I work for local farmers for petes sakes

- how can this be that they wont take me cuz im not ****ing perfect??

- come on this is ridiculus

- you are missing out on a hell of a kid

- i can get so many letters saying how good of a kid i am this is just a joke!

- Why wont you take me

- i want a clear answer to know WHY!
    The evidence points to the contrary.

alright, ill just have to accept the army and maybe someday the Corps will take me
    thanks Marines

better than nothing serve with honor

Ok this just doesnt make any sense to me, a felony charge is really stopping me?? I wasent even convicted, yeah i have posted on here before about this and dont go saying im whining because I was told no, I AM FIGHTING FOR MY CHANCE TO BE A MARINE! How can something so small like this, burgulary in the 3rd degree I WASENT EVEN FINED! i payed 2500 in restitution to the victim but was never fined, I was not adjudicated, the case was closed this is bullcrap, I have 900 hours volenteer hours on my belt, I work for local farmers for petes sakes i am not a bad kid I WAS 13 WHEN THIS HAPPENED AND I TURNED MYSELF IN!! how can this be that they wont take me cuz im not ****ing perfect?? dont they give second chances i havent screwed up since and i NEVER will i learned my lesson! isnt that what lifes about? to learn lessons! If there are any recruiters on here help please cant i get a waivors or something, come on this is ridiculus, i am in excellent physical shape, you are missing out on a hell of a kid, I am very smart and physically fit, i make good choices no drugs or drinking, STRAIGHT A student, i can get so many letters saying how good of a kid i am this is just a joke! Why wont you take me, I am fighting for my chance to become a Marine and I wont quit, i dont care if you people say im whining and complaining, IM NOT, i am fighting and i want a clear answer to know WHY!

Thanks,
    Sam
    There has to be more to this story than what you are saying. First off, if it really happened when you were 13, then the file would be sealed at 18. Second, I was charged with a felony when I was 18 and I was still let in and I got a TS/SCI clearence. So I guarandamntee you you are not telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Thread Information