Quick Question..
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Quick Question..

Hello Marines

I have a question about shaving in boot camp. I know shaving is a must everyday in boot camp but I just wanted to know what to do about razor bumps.

Will I be allowed to bring and electric razor?

I know its not a big problem just want to know what I can do.

Thank you Marines for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kmwhite08 View Post
    I know its not a big problem just want to know what I can do.
    You have answered it. I don't think you are going to be able to have an electric razor, unless things are really lax. Just do what you can, and hope for the best. There were many times when I didn't even use shaving cream, just the razor and water on the face.

For dark green Marines, and some light green ones with shaving issues - they will issue you a light or no shave chit. Or they did, for those who have problems with razor bumps. The newer Marines around here will give you more recent gouge, but that's my take on it.

The USMC doesn't just hand out those "no shave" chits to everyone, not like the Navy any way. So I wouldn't expect any special treatment, but I'm not the expert on that stuff.

As for the electric razor -- I doubt an electric razor is on anyone's gear list going to bootcamp.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They listed electric razor on the px call list before we went up to the field, but we still weren't allowed to use it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Covered before but here we go again.

There is this stuff that comes in powder form and you mix it with water and smear it on your face like toothpaste, time it for I don't know 5 minutes or something and wash off with a wash cloth. It is called magic shave. Used by individuals that have problems with shaving bumps. Works just like nair. Put it on and wipe it off and the hair goes with it. No razor involved in the process, thus no shaving bumps.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for the help Marines. I get sworn in Oct 1st!!

Thread Information