Wanting to join!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You guys can be pretty harsh, jeeze.

Pros - Steady Pay, Health care for you and your family, 30 days paid vacation per year, and if you do get seperated from your family, you wil get extra cash for it. There are other pros too, those are just a few.

Cons - Boot Camp (3 months, at least, from family), MCT/SOI (couple months), school if you're not infantry (couple months - a yearish). You will deal with stupid annoying ****. Hours can suck. You probably will get deployed somewhere, for another long amount of time away from your family.

Honestly, it's all relative.

Don't get totally turned off by some of these other posts. I, at least, don't think you are immature or whatever was said for being 26 and wanting to join. Even if it is a last resort, we all come out the same in the end, as Marines. You really need to sit back and talk to your family about it though. It's a very big decision.

If he's sticking around, can he at least spell correctly? And it's Sergeant, not Sarg. This is not the Army and if you do decide to stick around, you will respect the Marines on this board or you won't retain the option to delete your account.

Thanks Marines!!!! I can spell just fine is crap like that it gets me fired up again!! So if you don't have anything nice to say then leave thanks!!!!

commdog sorry again i can not run circles around you your a marine and I'm not!!!
    so i take it back if you dont want to post in here that is fine but i just wanted to say sorry

What was your question again, Stoner?

Stoner21, you best leave the attitude at the door. You DO NOT tell Marines were they can or cannot post. If you don't like what the Marines here have said so far, then maybe you should be the one to leave. Remember, you are just a 'guest' on this site.
    And Marines will always be capitalized!
    You may also want to read the rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Why are you getting riled up because a Marine wants you to adjust your spelling?

In order to enlist you may have to write a short essay justifying a waiver that you may need. You'll most likely have to type up or write a report and you'll be taking MCIs on punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Get used to all this stuff now, much like you'd have to get used to being insulted or talked down to or made fun of and still maintaining proper military bearing and keeping yourself locked at the position of attention.

It may look like the Marines on here are cutting ass on you and some of them may be but if you want to earn the title then you're going to have to learn real quick to keep it shut and go about your business; especially as a recruit, non-rate Marine or plain old new Boot to a unit.

Figure it out here; sublimate your need to respond in anything but a respectful manner, you'll be taught this in Boot Camp... you'll have it drilled into your skull.

At the same time, don't take it personal because you're going to get a ton of crap thrown your way. If you're reacting like this online then how are you going to react to a Drill Instructor in your face?

I'd go back to Sparkie's comments on the entire thing. You didn't have to ask the question, you can search through all the threads, you could read for days on the experiences that Marines old and new have posted on here about life in the suck, in garrison, in training, in the 1st CivDiv; it's a pretty open book in most areas of the site. Read up on it, talk to some Marines face to face and then sit down with your wife and figure out if you're ready to leave your family for 3 months or longer for Boot, for 2 months at SOI or longer for MCT and your MOS school, for deployments, for unaccompanied orders, for wherever you might go if you're one of the ones who makes the cut and earns the title.

You need to worry about what's best for your family, all other things are secondary so don't waste your time getting riled up by Marines on a website. You've got far more important trash you need to be taking care of.

You have not answered my original questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    As mentioned only you can make that decision. Saying that what has sparked your interest? How does your family feel about your plan? And lastly what is it you want out of the Marines?
    These are the kind of questions you need to ask yourself to decide if joining the Corps is right for you. On top of that you need to ask your family if they are willing to make the sacrifices it will take for them to support you.
    Joining the Corps can be a smart chose if it is right for you and your family, yes the initial pay is low but where else can you get the type of health care your family will receive? Everything in life has pros and cons, joining the Corps will not make you a bad father.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Moore 0317 View Post
    and sry for my last post didnt read all threads this kid is a no go, its nasty. when i was 16 17 i didnt let my self even think to be disrespectful to a marine, no need to talk **** to a marine especially not a female marine shes earned this, when some men cant complete boot, drop the attitude stoner

aren't you 16? your only friend in your profile claims to know you and says you ARE 16. says you used your dads info for the site.

his current screen name is Oneshotkill94, you might want to take it up with him.

Some good debates going on here lol. Anyway stoner I'm just about 25, novemeber, and my wife is due october 14th. I left for boot camp feb 8th and finished all my training sep 16th. It was 7.5 months of hell on both me and my family. I took a rather large pay cut, didn't join for the money anyway, and not sure I will get that job back now that i'm home, yes i'm a reservist. Joining the Marine Corps should never be a last resort type situation because you wont make it. You think these Marines are ****ing you off, just wait till you call a Drill Instructor sarg. Boot camp is very humiliating and difficult for an older guy. You will be treated like an 18yo fool who has learned nothing of value up to that point in life. The Marine Corps cares not where you've been, what you've learned and or experienced. All they want is immediate obedience to orders. If you are serious about joining the Corps you better grow some thicker skin and learn to be humble. I was older then 3 or my 4 Drill Instructors. But in the Corps age, race, color, creed, or religion matters not. If you are out ranked, you are exactly that. And right now you are out ranked by Marine on this sight. If you have any real desire at all to be a Marine you better learn to bite your tongue, mine bleed a few times in boot camp.

In addition to all the questions these Marines asked, you have to ask yourself 1 more (My Gunnery Sergeant recruiter asked me this.) Question....... It's NOT what the Marine Corps can do for you...... It's What can you do for the Marine Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner21 View Post
    So if you don't have anything nice to say then leave thanks!!!!
    I'll take that under advisement, thanks!

0231, just noticed your sig.... HA that's funny.

Thread Information