Marine Corps base in Germany?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Corps base in Germany?

I know that there is a Marine Corps base in Germany (MARFOREUR), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. As in, what mos's are stationed there, how to get stationed there, is it a good duty station?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TLar View Post
    I know that there is a Marine Corps base in Germany (MARFOREUR), but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. As in, what mos's are stationed there, how to get stationed there, is it a good duty station?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    While I was stationed in Britain my admin support came from Stuttgart(sp). It's a general officer command so there will be a full detachment of admin, legal, supply, and maybe some MT types. The Marines that came over to visit me really enjoyed their time there and I have several friends that spent time with the army SF, and they enjoyed it as well. I would say that if you have the opportunity, jump on it. Very few Marines get to go.

Hey Top,welcome aboard.....
    That person,TLar,has no profile....We don't know who he/she is....We do not like to answer their questions untill they profile up......
    SEMPER FI BROTHER......

Nice...Just got here and violated basic security SOP'S. Good catch and thanks for the heads up. I'm going to thrash myself right now.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by atmoore1 View Post
    Nice...Just got here and violated basic security SOP'S. Good catch and thanks for the heads up. I'm going to thrash myself right now.
    Hold the thrashing.

Just welcome aboard.

I was in your home state a month ago.

Mt Rushmore and a few bills left at the slots and bar at the VFW in Deadwood.

Credits
    Savings
    TLar, send me a PM and I'll fill you in a a good source, after you do the profile bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Hold the thrashing.

Just welcome aboard.

I was in your home state a month ago.

Mt Rushmore and a few bills left at the slots and bar at the VFW in Deadwood.
    Nice...A little to late now, but taking the family out there next spring. The blackhills. Need to take in rushmore myself, grew up there and never saw it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard Top!!!
    Semper Fi my Brother,
    Rocky

How to get stationed here? Re-enlist. lol

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ...GEE, is there a Naval base in Nevada?? TOP...is MSGT correct? Guess I'd be a MCHM (E-9) in the Navy...HUH??....YEAH, RIGHT!!....SEMPER FI, TOP!....Doc Greek

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ...GEE, is there a Naval base in Nevada??
    Yeah, its nicknamed Area-51. and BTW he's a 1stSgt Doc.

I was an MP in Germany for a year after I got out of the Corps, started college, joined the guard, and got called up.

When I was there, the Marine HQ was in Stuttgart. It is an Army base (actually a lot of smaller bases in the same area, called kasernes), so your cops are army MPs, firemen are army employees, the schools are DODDS, and chow halls are army, you shop at AFFES, the housing is army....

In other words, you live better than in the Corps, but not half as good as the air force.

When I was there the clubs were 'community' which means the enlisted can use any of them, so they all are okay. Only a fool uses them at night unless something really fun is going on, though. There is just too many good places to go out for a nice meal or great beers.

Most of the Marines were HQ types, staff officers, high ranking SNCOs in HQ jobs, and some admin types. They had a sub unit in Norway to look after the gear, I don't know if that is still there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've been here 2 years and have yet to see a Lcpl. There is a MarDet on Panzer and another on Kelly. The MSgt that lives across the road from me is supply and the gunny that coaches my sons football team is intel. The master guns on panzer is an 03 so I don't know the ryme or reason what MOS's get stationed here. I've met a couple of Marines here that are reservists here on ADSW orders. Most of the Marines I've encountered here are senior staff or officers. There is also a MarDet in Paris. I don't know if they are MSG's or what. I would say there is a relatively small number of Marines here so the odds are against you to get stationed here.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    SQUISHY...is a 1stSgt an E-9?? Why is the Navy SO different?? What step on the ladder is a Master Gunnery Sgt??...E-8??....YES...I'm lost!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    SQUISHY...is a 1stSgt an E-9?? Why is the Navy SO different?? What step on the ladder is a Master Gunnery Sgt??...E-8??....YES...I'm lost!!
    Doc, an E-8 is a 1stSgt. E-9's can be, Master Gunnery Sgt or a SgtMaj.

Thread Information